In the modern fast paced commercial world where time and expense is of the essence there is high demand for the specialist skills and expertise required to run an effective Bid and Tender Management process. This intensive and interactive 5 day certified courses course provides delegates with the skills and expertise required in this area to enable them to create real value for their organisations.
The Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management (ACBTM™) is designed to provide delegates with the ability to operate effectively in the modern demanding commercial environment and to position themselves as indispensable assets to their organisations during any Bid and Tender process. The Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management (ACBTMtm) looks at the Bid and Tender process from both a buyer and a supplier perspective, covering both the writing and issuing of Invitations to Tender and the writing and submitting of Bids in response. As “value” needs to be created on both sides of the equation for contracts to be successful there will be an emphasis on understanding the market from both the buying and selling point of view, ensuring that needs are clearly specified in the ITT and that suppliers can meet these needs.
In addition to a detailed exploration of the bidding and tendering processes, the course includes sessions on vital soft skills such as communication, stakeholder management and persuasion. It will also discuss the challenges involved in the strategic yet practical development of sound, ethical working relationships and in the art of negotiation. There are numerous case studies and practical exercises for delegates to help cement learning. Questioning is encouraged and there will be plenty of discussion allowing participants to share their own experiences, thoughts and ideas. Each delegate will receive full course notes and a set of templates and other materials that they can take back to use in their own organisation.
The Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management (ACBTM™) complements the other popular BMTG procurement-focussed certified courses such as the Advanced Certificate in Strategic Procurement (ACSP™) and the Certificate in Contract Development, Negotiation & Management (CCDNM™).
By attending this course you will be equipped with the skills to:
- Understand what bidding in tendering is all about
- Ascertain real needs, document requirements and write specifications
- Analyse the supply markets using a number of tools
- Identify potential suppliers and potential customers
- Understand how to tender and how to bid
- Know what makes both a good ITT (Invitation to Tender) and a good bid
- Know the rules, regulations and guidelines to follow in bidding and tendering
- Publish tenders that can attract and appoint the best supplier
- Distinguish their bids from the competition – for the right reasons
- Win more contracts
- Manage contracts for increased value
- Reduce risks and foster innovation in the supply chain
- Avoid corruption in all its forms
- Improve their communication, stakeholder management and negotiation skills
Benefits, knowledge and skills gained by attending the ACBTMTM course:
- Gain an accredited Certificate approved by a UK regulated body - Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management (ACBTMTM)
- Use ACBTMTM on your business card and on your resume
- The ACBTMTM shows that you have completed International qualifications and that you have the skills and experience to manage procurement effectively on a national, regional and global level
- The ACBTMTM certificate will be received approximately one month following the close of the training course and will be issued jointly by Qualifi and BMTG
- All Business Management Training Group (BMTG) Ltd training courses are accredited and approved by Qualifi, under the UK Regulatory Framework.
- The BMTG, portfolio of Learning Programmes, has been fully accredited by Qualifi, an official UK Government recognised awarding body.
- In addition, Qualifi has approved BMTG as an Accredited Centre which reinforces our commitment to assuring the highest recognised Quality Standards in delivering and assessing Programmes internationally.
- BMTG will continue to explore and evolve our accreditation framework to meet the demands of our Partners and delegates
Qualifi is a UK regulated awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications and assessment to schools, colleges, employers and other places of learning in the UK and internationally.
CPD standards Accreditation:
Accredited by the prestigious CPD Standards Office.
Any delegate who attends this Accredited course may be issued with a CPD Certificate of Attendance* upon request, which they can use within their formal CPD record for a professional body, institute, or employer. The CPD Standards Office accreditation services works in partnership with the Training Journal and the CPD Institute supporting all forms of professional development and CPD schemes globally and has an increasingly international reputation as the strongest currency in professional development. CPD extends across the globe and is undertaken in most countries. The CPD Certificate of Attendance is issued in soft copy only and contains the applicable CPD credits for each course.
British Council Certificate Validation:
The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide and has offices in more than 100 countries and territories and are active in many more. The British Council provides access to the UK’s assets (language, arts, education and society), especially in big and emerging markets, as well as opportunities for millions of people to engage in global dialogue.
The British Council in your country can validate the authenticity of your certificate to confirm that the issuing institution is an accredited one in the UK. This gives you, as a successful BMTG delegate, the added security that your qualification is accredited not only by Qualifi, under the UK Regulatory Framework, but also validated by a prestigious representative body like The British Council.
- Registration will be at 08:30 on day one with the course commencing promptly at 09:00am each day and concluding at 05:00pm. There will be two short breaks and an hour for lunch each day.
Introduction to Bids and Tendering
- What is Bidding and Tendering all about?
- What makes a good Invitation to Tender (ITT)?
- What makes a good Bid?
- Why is it important?
Understanding the Procurement Cycle
- The procurement lifecycle from A to Z
- It all starts here - identifying the need and writing the specification
- Strategic Sourcing - key to choosing the right supplier
- Contract Management - managing the right contract with the right supplier
- P2P (Purchase to Pay)
Identifying the Need and Writing the Specification
- Needs - not wants
- Baselining - where are we now, and where do we want to be?
- Business alignment and cross-functional working is key
- Involving the stakeholders
- The art of gathering requirements
- What makes a good specification?
Markets, Customers and Suppliers
- Analysing markets - Porter’s Five Forces and other tools
- How do buyers look at suppliers?
- How do suppliers look at customers?
- Finding the match - the right supplier for the right customer
The Tendering Process
- The tendering process from A to Z
- Fairness and transparency - avoiding corruption in all its forms
- Writing the tender documents
- Publishing the opportunity and attracting suppliers
- Handling queries in a fair and open way
- Opening and evaluating the bids
- Awarding the contract - with an emphasis on value
- Giving feedback to the bidders
- E-tendering - how to make it work effectively
Putting Together the Invitation to Tender (ITT)
- What’s in a name - ITT, RFP, RFQ and PQQ explained
- Who does what? - good organisation is key to success
- Contents of a good ITT
- Starting with the end in mind - good evaluation criteria
- The difference between selection criteria and award criteria
The Role of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQS)
- What is a PQQ?
- How to one successfully
- When not to use a PQQ
- What happens next? - life after the PQQ
Understanding the Sales Cycle
- The sales lifecycle from A to Z
- Identifying opportunities - prospecting
- Approaching the prospect
- Writing and presenting the bid
- Handling objections
- Closing the sale
- Following up
The Bidding Process
- The bidding process from A to Z
- Identifying opportunities - where to look
- Involving the stakeholders - forming the bid team
- To bid or not to bid - the bid /no-bid decision
- Pricing and cost estimation - the need to make a profit
- Reading and understanding the tender documents
- Writing, reviewing and submitting the bid
- Getting the response
- Challenging the response - if you think there’s a problem
- Getting feedback about your bid
Putting Together the Bid
- What’s in a name - is this an ITT, or a PQQ, or something else?
- Who does what? - good organisation is key to success
- Contents of a good bid
- Starting with the end in mind - how will my bid be evaluated?
- The critical need to do exactly as the ITT asks
- It’s all about winning!
- Longlisting and shortlisting
- Does the bid read well and make sense?
- Bid evaluation techniques - informal and formal
- Weighting and scoring - keep it simple!
- Looking for value - all the time
- Recommendation and approval
- After contract award comes implementation
- What makes a good contract?
- The contract management lifecycle
- Working together - practical aspects of contract and supplier management
- Managing risk and encouraging innovation
Soft Skills for Procurement and Bid-Writing Professionals
- Communication skills for bidding and tendering
- Stakeholder management
- Persuasion as a key selling skill
- The art of negotiation
- The programme will include a series of group exercises, a personality
- profile and case studies with a high level of delegate interaction.
- Only those who successfully complete the examination and participate effectively in the course case studies will receive the Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management (ACBTM™)
Trainer, Consultant and Coach ,
Counterpoint Courses Ltd
Ros is a professional business trainer with a rich and varied career in industry and education. She believes that excellence in communication and other “soft skills” is vital for business success, and has a real passion for instilling learning in others. For the last 10 years she has provided training, coaching and consultancy to a variety of clients in many different countries and from many different organisations.
She is a dynamic and inspiring presenter who, having taught English as a foreign language, is particularly sensitive to the needs of the non-native English speakers.
Steve and Ros work together to deliver BMTG courses, offering you the best of both worlds - a very experienced contract management practitioner backed by an expert in communication and soft skills.
Mr Steve Mallaband,
Procurement Professional ,
Steve is a procurement professional with over 20 years experience, and has held senior positions with several large organisations both in the UK and abroad. During his career he has bought a large variety of goods and services in an international context, and has been actively involved in fighting bribery and corruption in procurement. For the last 7 years he has provided training and consultancy to public and private sector clients around the globe on a wide range of procurement topics. He is a knowledgeable, interesting and entertaining presenter who is able to draw on his wealth of practical experience to excellent effect.
- Procurement Directors / Procurement Managers
- Buyers / Senior Buyers
- Supplier Managers / Supply Chain Consultants
- Sales Directors / Sales Managers
- Business Development Managers /Client Managers
- Technical Sales Managers / Bid Team Leaders
- Business Owners / Executive Directors / Managing Directors / General Managers
- Operations Directors /Operations Managers
- Finance Directors / Finance Managers
- Project Directors / Project Managers /Project Engineers
United Arab Emirates
Venue to be announced shortly.