The increasing cases of obesity and gastrointestinal diseases are also emerging as potential drivers for the growth of the dairy alternatives market. Based on various clinical research studies, over 80% of the global population suffer from gas, painful bloating, and diarrhea upon consumption of dairy products, due to the lack of an essential enzyme in their body that is required to breakdown the milk sugars. Moreover, the fats present in dairy products clog arteries, thus, leading to heart disease. On the other hand, the dairy alternatives, such as soy milk offer protective health benefits, owing to phytoestrogen content in them. Hemp milk is one of the best sources of Omega-3 fats, whereas, almond milk is a good source of calcium.
This report segments the African dairy alternative market by type, application, and distribution channel, with focus on the major dairy alternatives economies of Egypt and others. The market covers major packaged products categories, like soymilk, almond milk, rice milk, coconut milk, hazelnut milk, cashew milk, and oats milk. The report covers the major distribution channels, such as supermarkets, health centers, convenience stores, and department stores. The report contains the most detailed and in-depth segmentation and analysis of the African dairy alternative market during the forecast period of 2018 - 2023.
- April 2017- French food multinational Danone acquired plant-based dairy alternatives company Alpro, which is based in Ghent (Flanders) and part of the American WhiteWave Foods group.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research methodology
1.2 Market Definition
2. Key Findings
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Dynamics
3.3.1 Increase in lactose Intolerance and milk allergy
3.3.2 Nutritional values of plant based dairy alternatives
3.3.3 Changed lifestyle causing obesity and gastrointestinal problems
3.4.1 High pricing of dairy alternatives as compared to dairy based products
3.4.2 Lack of protein and cross contamination of raw materials
3.5.1 Innovative marketing practices and creating awareness
3.5.2 Increasing demand from developing countries
3.6 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.6.1 Bargaining power of Suppliers
3.6.2 Bargaining power of Buyers
3.6.3 Degree of Competition
3.6.4 Threat of Substitution
3.6.5 Threat of new entrants
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 Dairy Aletrnatives Market, By type
4.1.1 Soy Milk
4.1.2 Almond Milk
4.1.3 Coconut Milk
4.1.4 Rice Milk
4.1.5 Others ( hemp milk ,oat milk , cashew milk , hazelnut milk)
4.2 Dairy Alternatives Market , By Application
4.3 Dairy Alternatives Market, By Formulation
4.3.1 Sweetened Products
220.127.116.11 Plain Formulation
18.104.22.168 Flavored Formulation
4.3.2 Unsweetened Products
22.214.171.124 Plain Formulation
126.96.36.199 Flavored Formulation
4.4 Dairy Alternatives Market, By sales channel
4.4.1 Super Markets
4.4.2 Convenience Store
4.4.4 Health Food Stores
4.4.5 others ( online stores , big chains consumption such as starbucks , dunkin donuts)
4.5 Dairy Alternatives Market ,By Region
188.8.131.52 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape Overview
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Strategies by leading players
5.3 New Product Developments &Other Innovations
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Daiya Foods Inc.
6.2 Earth's Own Food Company Inc.
6.3 Panos Brands LLC.
6.4 Eden Foods Inc.
6.5 Freedom Foods Group Ltd.
6.6 Blue Diamond Growers Inc.
6.7 The Hain Celestial Group Inc.
6.8 The WhiteWave Foods Company
6.9 Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company
6.10 Sunopta Inc.
6.11 Archer Daniels Midland Company
6.12 Nutriops S.L.
- DAIYA FOODS INC.
- EARTH'S OWN FOOD COMPANY INC.
- PANOS BRANDS LLC.
- EDEN FOODS INC.
- FREEDOM FOODS GROUP LTD.
- BLUE DIAMOND GROWERS INC.
- THE HAIN CELESTIAL GROUP INC.
- THE WHITEWAVE FOODS COMPANY
- SANITARIUM HEALTH & WELLBEING COMPANY
- SUNOPTA INC.
- ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND COMPANY
- NUTRIOPS S.L.