The South American market for food emulsifiers is projected to register an estimated CAGR of 6.23% during the forecast period, 2018-2023. The trend for natural emulsifiers offers huge potential in the emulsifier market, like beeswax, lanolin, lecithin, and saponin.
Expanding Processed Food Market with Rising Disposable Income Boosting Market Growth
The South American region has potential for growth across various markets, with the upcoming developments and rising disposable incomes. The demand for processed foods has risen dramatically in these regions, which promotes the use of food emulsifiers to clear the health safety checks and provide ample quantity. The consumers have a busy lifestyle in the region, which promotes them to opt for healthier alternatives and nutritious food supplements. The emulsifier market has banked on this opportunity by penetrating in the bakery, confectionary, and dairy markets.
The requirement of clean label is proving to be a major cost factor for food emulsifier manufacturers, in terms of raw material sourcing and production process, which is proving to be major restraint in the food emulsifier industry.
Rich Application of Emulsifiers
By product type, major food manufacturers use lecithin, as it is considered to be non-toxic to humans and easily enhances the color, flavor, texture, and shelf life of products.
Emulsifiers find wide range of applications in the dairy and bakery & confectionery industries. The demand for natural and nutraceutical products is further driving the use of emulsifier in a variety of food applications.
Brazil and Argentina Lead the South American Food Emulsifier Market
The South American food emulsifier market is dominated by Brazil and Argentina, two of its most advanced nations, while countries like Chile, Uruguay, Peru, and Colombia lag behind in development.
The key players include AAK, ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND, BASF, CARGILL INC., DUPONT, ESTELLE CHEMICALS, INGREDION INC., KERRY GROUP, LONZA GROUP, PALSGAARD, PURATO, RIKEN VITAMIN, ROYAL DSM, STEPAN amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are driving the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country-level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements..
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings
4. Market Dynamics
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.1.2 Mono-, Di-Glycerides & Derivatives
5.1.3 Sorbitan Esters
5.1.4 Polyglycerol Esters
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Dairy & Frozen Product
5.2.3 Meat, Poultry & Seafood
5.2.6 Oils & Fats
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 South America
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Adopted by Key players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.2 ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND
7.4 CARGILL INC.
7.6 ESTELLE CHEMICALS
7.7 INGREDION INC.
7.8 KERRY GROUP
7.9 LONZA GROUP
7.12 RIKEN VITAMIN
7.13 ROYAL DSM
7.14 STEPAN COMPANY