The North American market for food emulsifiers is projected to register an estimated CAGR of 4.9% during the forecast period, 2018-2023. According to the new Food and Drug Regulations, there is ban on the use of partially hydrogenated oils (PHOs), which makes palm oil one of the alternatives to be used as base oil for manufacturing food emulsifiers.
Companies like Kerry Group are obtaining certifications from an association known as the Round Table for Sustainable Palm (RSPO), which indicates that palm oil is produced under a mass balance or segregated model. This depicts the company’s commitment toward catering to the consumer demand for sustainable palm.
Expanding Processed Food Market Boosting Market Growth
A rapidly rising population and greater levels of urbanization, globally, have boosted the demand for processed food products, thus driving the demand for food ingredients. Food emulsifier manufacturers are observing an increased demand from food manufacturers to preserve the freshness, safety, taste, appearance, and texture of processed foods. All food emulsifiers are required to be approved by the appropriate authorities, and organizations must ensure strict limits on added amounts and types of emulsifiers in processed foods.
The requirement of clean label is proving to be a major cost factor for food emulsifier manufacturers, in terms of raw material sourcing and production process, which is proving to be a major restraint in the industry.
Application of Emulsifiers in the Bakery & Confectionery Segment
By product type, major food manufacturers use lecithin, as it is considered to be non-toxic to humans and easily enhances the color, flavor, texture, and shelf life of products.
Emulsifiers find wide range of applications in the dairy and bakery & confectionery industries. The demand for natural and nutraceutical products is further driving the use of emulsifier in a variety of food applications.
United States at the Leading Front
North America has new sophisticated techniques, which drives the demand for the new ingredients in the food processing market, and ultimately gives rise to food emulsifiers. The US food emulsifier market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.6% during the forecast period.
The key players include AAK, ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND, BASF, CARGILL INC., DUPONT, ESTELLE CHEMICALS, INGREDION INC., KERRY GROUP, LONZA GROUP, PALSGAARD, PURATO, RIKEN VITAMIN, ROYAL DSM, STEPAN amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are driving the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings
4. Market Dynamics
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.1.2 Mono-, Di-Glycerides & Derivatives
5.1.3 Sorbitan Esters
5.1.4 Polyglycerol Esters
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Dairy & Frozen Product
5.2.3 Meat, Poultry & Seafood
5.2.6 Oils & Fats
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.2 ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND
7.4 CARGILL INC.
7.6 ESTELLE CHEMICALS
7.7 INGREDION INC.
7.8 KERRY GROUP
7.9 LONZA GROUP
7.12 RIKEN VITAMIN
7.13 ROYAL DSM
7.14 STEPAN COMPANY