The Asia-Pacific market for food emulsifiers is projected to register an estimated CAGR of 6.7% during 2018-2023 (the forecast period). The demand for natural emulsifiers offers huge potential in the emulsifier market, for example beeswax, lanolin, lecithin, and saponin.
Increasing Penetration in the Organized Retail Sector Fueling Market Growth
The expanding processed food market and penetration of the organized retail sector are the major factors driving the emulsifier market in Asian countries. The need to ensure safety and quality of food, transportation from farm to fork, and storage are of major concern. To meet this demand, food emulsifiers are used. Further, increasing population and rising disposable income of the middle class consumers create a subsequent demand for food, and in turn, for emulsifiers.
In Asian countries, like India and China, with greater disposable incomes and busy lifestyles, demand for packaged, processed, and ready-to-eat foods is increasing. Food emulsifier manufacturers are seeing an increased demand from food manufacturers, to preserve the freshness, safety, taste, appearance, and texture of processed foods.
The requirement for clean labels, proved to be a major cost factor for food emulsifier manufacturers, in terms of raw material sourcing and production process, thus, becoming a major restraint in the industry.
Vivid Application of Emulsifiers in the Bakery & Confectionery Segment
By product type, major food manufacturers use lecithin, as it is considered to be non-toxic to humans, and it easily enhance the color, flavor, texture, and shelf life of products.
The emulsifiers find wide range of applications in the dairy and bakery & confectionery industries. The demand for natural and nutraceutical products further drives the use of emulsifiers in varied food applications.
Emerging Nations, like India and China, to Propel the Market Growth in the Region
The Australian food emulsifier market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.43% during the forecast period. However, the developing markets of Asia-Pacific, most importantly India and China, account for a higher growth rate, because of the increasing population and changing food habits.
The key players include: AAK, ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND, BASF, CARGILL INC., DUPONT, ESTELLE CHEMICALS, INGREDION INC., KERRY GROUP, LONZA GROUP, PALSGAARD, PURATO, RIKEN VITAMIN, ROYAL DSM, STEPAN amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market, with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that impel the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities in the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that influence the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape, involving the market share of major players, along with key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings
4. Market Dynamics
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.1.2 Mono-, Di-Glyceride and Derivatives
5.1.3 Sorbitan Ester
5.1.4 Polyglycerol Ester
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Dairy and Frozen Products
5.2.3 Meat, Poultry, and Seafood
5.2.6 Oil and Fat
5.4 By Geography
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.2 ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND
7.4 CARGILL INC.
7.6 ESTELLE CHEMICALS
7.7 INGREDION INC.
7.8 KERRY GROUP
7.9 LONZA GROUP
7.12 RIKEN VITAMIN
7.13 ROYAL DSM
7.14 STEPAN COMPANY