Growing Usage of Industrial Gases in Various Industries is expected to drive the Market
The end-user industries, such as petrochemical, fertilizers, and oil & gas, are expected to contribute to the significant level of industrial gas demand in North America, with United States leading the market. Nitrogen has heavy usage at every stage of the LNG supply chain, which involves purging, chilling, and liquefaction of natural gas; and inerting the LNG during shipboard transportation. The expansion of planned LNG terminals in the region is expected to be a major driver for increasing the nitrogen demand. In addition, the increasing establishments of commercial gasification facilities are expected to have a huge requirement of oxygen. The developments in the Oxyfuel combustion process are expected to further drive the demand for oxygen, during 2018-2023. Hence, the increasing use of industrial gases is expected to propel the growth of the air separation unit market in North America.
Increasing population in the developing economies and the growing demand for plastics is likely to support the continuing growth in the demand for petrochemical products. The global demand for petrochemical products is expected to grow at 4.0%, 4.2%, and 4.3% in each of the years, 2017-2019, respectively. The growth in the petrochemical industry is expected to drive the demand for oxygen, used for oxidization, for processing refined crude oil. The United States is likely to be a major player in chemical manufacturing, as a result of the hydraulic fracturing and natural gas production. Petrochemical plants with ethylene capacity of more than 5 million ton/year are expected to start operations this year, along the Gulf of Coast. Five more petrochemical units are under construction, and are likely to come online before the end of 2019.
Supported by Increasing Demand from the Iron & Steel Industry - Countries to Exhibit Significant Growth
Inert and oxidizing gases are of foremost importance in the iron & steel producing industry, making the sector one of the major consumer of industrial gases. Hence, the growth of the iron & steel industry is expected to drive the air separation unit market. In North America, the steel production developments were sluggish in 2016, remaining roughly unchanged, at a level of 1 million metric ton. However, in 2017, the region's steel production resumed relatively strong growth. According to the American Iron and Steel Institute, the output in the United States until the beginning of March 2017 was up by around 4.5% from the previous year, with production predicted to rise on lower imports. The buoyant demand from the construction and energy sectors is leading to an increase in the capacity utilization rate. In Mexico, the steel production increased by 21.6% year-on-year in January 2017, while the Canadian steel production continued to show some signs of improvement in January 2017, due to the Canadian government's recent approval for energy pipeline projects.
Key Developments in the Market
- June 2017: Air Products and Linde North America formed a joint venture company, East Coast Nitrogen (ECN), to build a 1,100 ton per day world-scale air separation unit and industrial gas liquefier in Glenmont, New York. The project, with a capital investment of USD 60 million, is slated for commercial status by December 2018.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future North America air separation unit market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Countries that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
3.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4. Market Dynamics
5. Value Chain Analysis
6. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitutes
6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
7. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7.1 By Process
7.1.1 Cryogenic Distillation
7.1.2 Non-cryogenic Distillation
7.2 By Gas Type
7.3 By Industry Served
7.3.1 Oil & Gas Industry
7.3.2 Steel Industry
7.3.3 Chemical Industry
7.3.4 Health Care Industry
7.3.5 Food & Beverages
8. Regional Market Analysis (Market Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
8.1 United States
8.3 Rest of North America
9. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Business Segmentation, Financial Analysis**, Recent Developments, and Analyst View)
9.1 Air Liquide SA
9.2 Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
9.3 Enerflex Ltd
9.4 Linde AG
9.5 Praxair, Inc.
9.6 Universal Industrial Gases, Inc.
9.7 Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Mergers and Acquisitions
10.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
10.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
(*List of companies is not exhaustive. Please let us know if you are interested in any company profile)
(**Subject to availability on public domain)