The Asia-Pacific tea market is expected to register a CAGR of 2.4% during the forecast period, 2018-2023. India, Japan, and China are the largest consumers of tea in the Asia-Pacific region.
Health-concerned consumers are often drawn to tea, since it is naturally laden with antioxidants, catechins, and epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), all of which are positively linked with health benefits and disease prevention. Asia-Pacific is the prime region for tea manufacturing and consumption. The preference for fruit & herbal tea and green tea has increased, as compared to standard tea over the years.
The tea industry is segmented by type, sales channel, and geography. Furthermore, tea is also segmented based on production and processing into CTC (crush, tear, and curl tea) and leafy (consisting of black, green, oolong, and decaf). The market share of CTC tea is larger than the market share of leaf tea both in terms of value and volume. In CTC, tea leaves are passed through cylindrical rollers to process black tea. The cost of production of CTC tea is much lower as the process is not very labor-intensive as compared to orthodox tea. Asia-Pacific has a major share of CTC tea as it is rich in antioxidants and has low manufacturing cost. The green tea and herbal & flavored tea segments are estimated to have maximum growth during the forecast period, 2018-2023. The leaf tea variety is expected to grow with the highest CAGR owing to its growing popularity related to health benefits.
The packaging scenario also plays an important role in the Asia-Pacific tea market growth based on the convenience of use and product shelf life. Loose tea, tea bags, instant tea, and compressed tea involve different and varied packaging techniques. Loose tea is currently the major market shareholder in the Asia-Pacific region. Convenience stores and supermarkets are the major sales channels. However, the main leaders are the supermarkets and hypermarkets, which are expected to maintain their growth during the forecast period.
- February 2018 - Organic India, which currently enjoys a prominent position in the organic packaged foods and green tea segment, is planning a four-time increase in its digital marketing budget to reach out to the younger consumer base.
- January 2018 - APIS India, one of the leading producers, distributors and exporters of quality honey, has now added Dates, Fruit Jam “Fruitilicious”, Green Tea “Five Senses” & Pickle “Spicelicious Mixed Veggies” to its delectable portfolio.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
4. Market Dynamics
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 CTC Tea (Crush, Tear, and Curl)
5.1.2 Leaf Tea
5.2 By Type
5.2.1 Green Tea
5.2.2 Black Tea
5.2.3 Oolong Tea
5.2.4 Herbal/Fruit Tea
5.2.5 Others (White Tea, Dark Tea, and Yellow Tea)
5.3 By Sales Channel
5.3.2 Specialist Retailers
5.3.3 Convenience Stores
5.4 By Geography
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.4 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.5 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.3 Duncans Industries Ltd
7.4 Hain Celestial Group Inc.
7.5 JM Smucker Co.
7.7 Ajinomoto General Foods Inc.
7.8 Tata Global Beverages
7.9 Mcleod Russel
7.11 James Finlay
7.12 Van Rees
7.13 Typhoo Tea Ltd
7.14 Associated British Foods
- DUNCANS INDUSTRIES LTD
- HAIN CELESTIAL GROUP INC.
- JM SMUCKER CO.
- AJINOMOTO GENERAL FOODS INC.
- TATA GLOBAL BEVERAGES
- MCLEOD RUSSEL
- JAMES FINLAY
- VAN REES
- TYPHOO TEA LTD
- ASSOCIATED BRITISH FOODS