The Spain food safety testing market is expected to register a CAGR of 7.02% during the forecast period (2018–2023). Spain is an agricultural powerhouse and is producing around 50% of Europe’s fresh fruits and vegetables. The quality and safety of the fresh produce is of utmost importance, especially in the export markets. Moreover, Spain has a modern food processing sector that pays special attention to the quality, safety, and traceability of the food products it produces.
Improving Socio-economic Scenario Necessitate the Robust Food Safety Testing Infrastructure
Domestic food expenditure in Spain is slowly recovering. The food industry has successfully neutralized domestic demands by increasing exports. The growing number of inbound tourists has also fueled the Spain food & drink sector. Such market tends call for robust food safety testing infrastructure in Spain, in order to become a recognized player in the export of safe and quality-assured food products.
Regulatory Support Driving the Market Growth
The Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, Food, and Environment (MAPAMA) in Spain is prioritizing its work in traceability of food fraud, by adapting their quality standards to new technologies and recent developments in the field of food analysis.
Application in the Processed Food Industry Likely to Register Highest Growth Rate
The Spain food safety testing market is classified by contaminant type, food type, and technology. The processed food industry is rapidly emerging in the country, owing to the improvement in domestic demand and rapidly rising exports, especially to the countries in Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. In line with this trend, the processed food testing segment is expected to register the highest CAGR of 7.31% during the forecast period (2018 - 2023). Based on technology type, the traditional food safety testingmarket holds a considerable share in the market, as compared to the rapid testing segment, as it is cost-effective, leading to high preference by most companies.
- November, 2016: NSF Authentechnologies launched a new Client Portal, which aims to provide a valuable service to the clients.
- May, 2017: SGS developed Zero Discharge Holistic Solution for chemical and environmental regulations management across the supply chain of any industry.
The key players include: ALS LIMITED, BUREAU VERITAS, DNV, ECOLAB, EUROFINS, INTERTEK, NSF INTERNATIONAL, SGS GROUP, TUV SUD, UL, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are driving the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
Customization of the Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
2. Market Insights
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Growing Food Safety Awareness among Spaniards
3.1.2 Composition of the Spanish Food Industry
3.2.1 Feasibility Concerns with Food Safety Testing
3.3.1 Enabling Regulatory Policies and Improving Exports
4. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
4.1 By Contaminant Type
4.1.3 Pesticide & Residue
4.1.5 Food Allergen
4.2 By Food Type
4.2.2 Fruit & Vegetable
4.2.3 Meat & Poultry
4.2.4 Processed Food
4.3 By Technology Type
4.3.1 Traditional Technology
18.104.22.168 Agar Culturing
4.3.2 Rapid Technology
22.214.171.124 DuPont BAX system
126.96.36.199 PCR-based Testing
188.8.131.52 Immunoassay-based Testing
184.108.40.206 Convenience-based Testing
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6. Company Profiles
6.1 ALS LIMITED
6.2 BUREAU VERITAS
6.7 NSF INTERNATIONAL
6.8 SGS GROUP
6.9 TUV SUD