Increasing Power Consumption Driving the Market
The market studied is driven by several factors, such as the usage of highly sensitive electrical systems and the high demand for electric appliances. The increasing deployment of electrical equipment is leading to increasing consumption of power. The growth in power consumption is boosting the development of power infrastructure that require installation of surge arresters, to ensure the safety of electrical equipment. The development of industrial infrastructure across the world is leading to an increase in power consumption, thereby boosting the surge arrester market.
North America Accounts for the Largest Share
Owing to the development of power infrastructure in the region, the North American region accounts for the largest share in the global surge arrester market. The significant industrial infrastructure and development of power infrastructure in the region is likely to boost the demand for surge arresters, as the replacement at existing sites and for new installations. Moreover, North America is an early adopter of surge arrester technology, which is expected to help the region to maintain its high share in the surge arrester market.
China to Register the Fastest Growth
China is growing at a robust pace, in terms of augmenting its overall supply of electrical energy, on account of the robust industrial sector and increasing demand for electricity from residential consumers. The development of new projects and demand from existing infrastructure is anticipated to bolster the Chinese segment of the market studied during the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
- December 2017: Siemens AG introduced a technology that includes surge arrester in circuit with the overhead line system in railway lines, which ensures that electrification infrastructure does not suffer unnecessary flashovers between live conductors and the structure.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future surge arrester market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market.
- The regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4. Market Dynamics
5. Supply Chain Analysis
6. Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitutes
6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
7. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7.1 By Voltage
7.1.1 Low Voltage
7.1.2 Medium voltage
7.1.3 High Voltage
7.2 By Application
8. Regional Market Analysis (Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.1.3 Rest of North America
8.2.2 United Kingdom
8.2.4 Rest of Europe
8.3.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.4 South America
8.4.3 Rest of South America
8.5 Middle East & Africa
8.5.2 Saudi Arabia
8.5.3 South Africa
8.5.4 Rest of Middle East & Africa
9. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Developments, and Analyst View)
9.1 ABB Ltd
9.2 Crompton Greaves
9.3 Eaton Corporation PLC
9.4 Emerson Electric
9.5 General Electric
9.6 Legrand SA
9.7 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
9.8 Raycap Corporation SA
9.9 Schneider electric SE
9.10 Siemens AG
9.11 Advanced Protection Technologies
9.12 Leviton Manufacturing
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
10.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
*List not Exhaustive
**Subject to availability on the public domain
- ABB Ltd.
- Crompton Greaves
- Eaton Corporation PLC
- Emerson Electric
- General Electric
- Legrand SA
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Raycap Corporation SA
- Schneider Electric SE
- Siemens AG
- Advanced Protection Technologies
- Leviton Manufacturing