Rise in Investment - Accelerates Growth
Oilfield services are required at every stage from exploration to production. The Middle East is expected to witness huge investment in exploration and production activity in the coming years. In 2016, Saudi Aramco planned to invest more than USD 330 billion by 2025, of which 70% is expected to be local content. The investment aims to reinforce its pre-eminent position in the oil & gas industry, maintain its spare oil production capacity, and pursue a large exploration and production programs centering on conventional and unconventional gas resources. The company has also highlighted their plan to double their natural gas production to 23 bcfd over the coming decade. As a result, the investment plan of the biggest oil & gas company in the region is expected to drive the demand for oilfield services.
Crude Oil Discoveries Iran and Iraq - Drive Market
Between 2000 and 2016, out of total crude oil discovered, 45% was from Iran. In the last four to five years, the trend changed, and large volumes were discovered in Iran led by projects, like Mirawa, Faihaa, and Amara South. Iraq’s Oil Ministry is expected to invite international companies to compete for nine blocks on the country’s border with Kuwait and Iran in 2018. Lukoil, the Russian oil giant, has targeted expansion of its operations in the Middle East. The company has targeted new projects in Kuwait, Iraq, Oman, and the UAE. In November 2017, Rosneft and National Iranian Oil Company signed a roadmap for strategic cooperation for exploration and production in Iran. The cooperation is expected to involve USD 30 billion. Exploration and production from discovered oilfield and investment by Russian companies in the region are expected to drive the demand for oilfield services.
Focus on Unconventional Gas - Offers Huge Opportunity
Carbonate formations are estimated to hold 60% and 40% of the global oil and gas reserves, respectively. In the Middle East, roughly 70% of oil and 90% of gas reserves are trapped in carbonate. The oil & gas industry in the Middle East is undergoing a sea change, with many regions’ conventional oil & gas reserves facing depletion. Many countries are targeting gas reserves in carbonate formations and have been investing quite heavily over the last few years in R&D in different kinds of fracturing technologies. But the region lacks the amount of fresh water needed in fracking technology. With waterless fracking technologies at their nascent stage and desalination proving to be a very costly process, getting the unconventional gas out of the ground is challenging. This offers great opportunity for local as well as foreign drilling service companies to cater these new unconventional gas field discoveries, with their latest fracking technologies, which utilize less water.
Key Developments in the Market
- December 2017: Schlumberger has received two contracts from Saudi Aramco for drilling rigs and services for oil and gas wells. Under the contract, Schlumberger Integrated Drilling Services will provide drilling rigs and services for up to 146 gas wells and up to 128 oil wells for three years.
- May 2017: Schlumberger launched the new SpectraSphere fluid mapping-while-drilling service. The service provides downhole fluid composition during drilling with real-time pressure measurement while drilling.
- May 2017: NOV announced a joint venture with Saudi Aramco to manufacture high specification drilling rigs and advanced drilling equipment. The proposed joint venture will establish a training center to develop Saudi technicians to maintain and operate the sophisticated drilling technology produced by the venture.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Effect of oil prices, development in oilfield services, evolving technology and government regulations in the oil and gas industry.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Identify application dominating the market.
- Identify regions witnessing fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4. Market Dynamics
5. Supply Chain Analysis
6. Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitutes
6.5 Competitive Rivalry
7. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7.1 By Location
8. Regional Market Analysis (Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.1.3 Rest of North America
8.2.2 United Kingdom
8.2.4 Rest of Europe
8.3 South America
8.3.4 Rest of South America
8.4 Middle East & Africa
8.4.1 Saudi Arabia
8.4.4 Rest of Middle East & Africa
8.5.4 Rest of of Asia-Pacific
9. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Development, and Analyst View)
9.1 Schlumberger Limited
9.2 Weatherford International PLC
9.3 Baker Hughes, A GE Co.
9.4 Halliburton Company
9.5 National Oilwell Varco
9.6 Expro Group
9.8 Odfjell Well Services
9.9 Wellsite Fishing & Rental Services
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
10.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
10.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
*List not Exhaustive
**Subject to availability on public domain