Ford Motor Co is an automobile and mobility company. It designs, manufactures, markets, finances and services automobiles. It offers a wide range of products such as cars, crossovers and SUVs, electric vehicles, trucks and vans, and vehicle parts and accessories.
It markets its products under brands such as Ford, Ford-Lincoln and Lincoln. Ford offers automotive financing services through Ford Motor Credit Co. It offers its products and services to retail customers, government entities, daily rental companies and fleet customers.
These company strategy reports provide in-depth coverage of the performance and strategies of the world’s leading automotive companies. The report details company operations in key geographies and offers a comprehensive analysis of each firm’s growth strategy and financial performance. The reports benchmark company performance via key indicators, including sales units, production units, operating income, net income, and total revenue.
Ford Motor Co reported growth in revenue during 2016-17
In 2017, Ford Motor Co reported an increase in its overall revenue by 3.3% from US$151.8bn in 2016 to US$156.8bn in 2017. The company operates its business through Automotive and Financial segments. In 2017, the company generated 92.9% of its total revenue through the Automotive segment and 7.1% from Financial segment. In 2017, the company’s Automotive segment revenue increased by 2.9% from US$141.5bn in 2016 to US$145.6bn 2017. Its Financial segment revenue increased by 8.4% from US$10.2bn in 2016 to US$11.1bn in 2017.
The Automotive segment reported growth in revenue during 2016-17
In 2017, the Automotive segment reported revenue growth of 2.9% from US$141.5bn in 2016 to US$145.6bn in 2017. This was due to a favorable product mix, higher volume from consolidated operations and favorable net pricing. Market share was up in South America and flat in North America.
Increase in retail receivables led to the segmental revenue growth
In 2017, the Financial Services segment reported revenue growth of 8.4% from US$10.25bn in 2016 to US$11.11bn in 2017. This is mainly due to increases in retail receivables.
- Company Snapshot - Details key indicators and rankings of Ford in terms of revenue, sales units and production units
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Ford's strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Growth Strategies - Provides an overview of Ford’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes.
- Company Performance and Competitive Landscape - Analyses the company’s performance by geographical segment and provides a peer comparison on parameters such as revenue and market share.
- Key Developments - Showcases Ford's recent corporate events and initiatives.
- ICT Spending Prediction - Details how the company allocates its ICT budget across the core areas of its business, specifically hardware, software, IT services, communications and consulting.
- How does Ford rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Ford's main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- How has the company performed since 2014?
- How has Ford performed in comparison to its main competitors?
- What are Ford’s strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?