Hyundai Motor designs, develops and manufactures passenger and heavy duty automobiles and relevant parts. The company manufactures various models of passenger such as Centennial, Genesis, Veloster, Azera, Sonata, i40, Elantra, Accent, i30cw, i20, and ix20 among others. Some of its major product offerings includes trucks, buses, special vehicles, and bare chassis.
The company also offers vehicle financing, credit card processing, R&D and other financing activities, and manufactures trains and other products. Hyundai operates through its manufacturing plants in Korea, the US, China, India, Turkey, Czech Republic, Russia, and Brazil. It has offices located in Korea, North America, Europe, Asia and Other regions. Hyundai Motor is headquartered in Seoul, Republic of Korea.
These company strategy reports provide in-depth coverage of the performance and strategies of the world’s leading automotive companies. The report details company operations in key geographies and offers a comprehensive analysis of each firm’s growth strategy and financial performance. The reports benchmark company performance via key indicators, including sales units, production units, operating income, net income, and total revenue.
Hyundai Motor’s revenue increased during 2016-17
In 2017, Hyundai Motor reported an increase in its overall revenue by 5.5% from US$80.7bn in 2016 to US$85.1bn in 2017. The company operates its business through Vehicle, Finance, and Others segments. In 2017, the company generated 77.3% of its total revenue from the Vehicle segment, followed by 16.0% from Finance and 6.7% from Others segment. In 2017, the company’s Vehicle segment’s revenue increased by 5.0% from US$62.6bn in 2016 to US$65.8bn 2017. The Finance segment’s revenue increased by 12.4% from US$12.1bn in 2016 to US$13.6bn in 2017.
Hyundai's Finance segment reported revenue growth during 2016-17
The company’s Finance segment offers financial services and financing for dealers and customers to buy or lease its vehicles. It also offers credit card processing and other financing activities. The Finance segment of the company contributed to around 16.0% of the company’s total revenue in 2017. The segment reported an increase in revenue at of 12.4% from US$12.1bn in 2016 to US$13.6bn in 2017.
Growth in retail sales across India, Czech Republic, Russia, and Brazil
The company’s Vehicle segment designs, develops, manufactures, and sells automobiles and parts. It offers its products through three major categories including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles and recreational vehicles. It markets passenger vehicles under the Kia and Hyundai brands. Its product line consists of various brands and commercial vehicles. Segment revenue increased at 5.0% from US$62.6bn in 2016 to US$65.8bn in 2017. In local currency terms, it reported an increase of 2.5% during the same period. This increase in revenue is mainly due to increased retail sales in India, Czech Republic, Russia, and Brazil.
- Company Snapshot - Details key indicators and rankings of Hyundai Motor in terms of revenue, sales units and production units.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Hyundai Motor's strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Growth Strategies - Provides an overview of Hyundai Motor's corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes.
- Company Performance and Competitive Landscape - Analyses the company’s performance by geographical segment and provides a peer comparison on parameters such as revenue and market share.
- Key Developments - Showcases Hyundai Motor's recent corporate events and initiatives.
- ICT Spending Prediction - Details how the company allocates its ICT budget across the core areas of its business, specifically hardware, software, IT services, communications and consulting.
- How does Hyundai ranks among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Hyundai main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- How has the company performed since 2014?
- How has Hyundai performed in comparison to its main competitors?
- What are Hyundai strengths and weaknesses and what are the opportunities and threats it faces?