Global IT hardware industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
The value chain analysis reveals the business activities which comprise the global IT hardware value /supply chain. All key stages are highlighted, along with examples of companies active, and assessments of the burning issues for every stage of the value chain. Key value/supply chain stages analyzed include raw materials, component production, device assembly, distribution and end-users.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Global IT hardware market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The IT hardware market includes all physical components integral to computing. The total market values include client computing and peripherals (desktop PCs, notebook PCs, fixed phones and adaptors, scanners and imaging devices standalone printers, thin-clients and workstations), network infrastructure (Ethernet hubs and switches, Ethernet routers, WAN CPE and termination equipment, WAN multi-service switches, WLAN access points, WLAN cards and WLAN switches and appliances), security hardware and appliances (content-filtering and anti-spam appliances, encryption/SSL accelerators, firewall and VPN gateways, smart card readers and smart cards), server computing (high-end servers, low-end servers and mid-range servers) and storage infrastructure (hard-disk drives, NAS filers and arrays, NAS gateways, SAN adaptors and connectors and SAN disk arrays).
- The global IT hardware market is expected to generate total revenues of $53,761.9m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.6% between 2013 and 2017.
- The client computing & peripherals segment is expected to be the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of $30,304.9m, equivalent to 56.4% of the market's overall value.
- In 2017, the Asia-Pacific market is expected to be the largest in global IT hardware market generating 37.8% of the overall value.
- Production of each type of component within IT hardware is carried out by highly specialized companies.
- Working conditions scandals have put the spotlight firmly on CMC practices
- Falling retail computer sales reflect changing consumer tastes, causing problems for companies involved in the IT hardware value chain.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the IT hardware market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global IT hardware market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key it hardware market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global IT hardware market with five year forecasts
- Quickly and easily identify the key stages and sub-stages of the global IT hardware market value/supply chain
- See examples of companies active at each stage of the global IT hardware market value/supply chain
- Examine trends and burning issues impacting the global IT hardware market value/supply chain
- What was the size of the global IT hardware market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the global IT hardware market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global IT hardware market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global IT hardware market?
- Who are the top competitors in the global IT hardware market?
- What are the key stages and sub-stages of the global IT hardware value/supply chain?
Value chain analysis
Market value forecast
Value Chain Analysis
IT Hardware Market complete value chain overview
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Lenovo Group Limited
About the Author
List of Tables
Table 1: Global it hardware market value: $ million, 2013-17(e)
Table 2: Global it hardware market category segmentation: $ million, 2017(e)
Table 3: Global it hardware market geography segmentation: $ million, 2017(e)
Table 4: Global it hardware market value forecast: $ million, 2017-22
Table 5: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.: key facts
Table 6: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 7: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.: key financials (NT$)
Table 8: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 9: Dell Inc.: key facts
Table 10: HP Inc.: key facts
Table 11: HP Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 12: HP Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 13: Lenovo Group Limited: key facts
Table 14: Lenovo Group Limited: key financials ($)
Table 15: Lenovo Group Limited: key financial ratios
List of Figures
Figure 1: IT Hardware Market complete value chain overview
Figure 2: IT Hardware Market complete value chain with active companies
Figure 3: Raw Materials - Overview
Figure 4: Component Production - Overview
Figure 5: Device Assembly - Overview
Figure 6: Distribution- Overview
Figure 7: End- Users- Overview
Figure 8: Global it hardware market value: $ million, 2013-17(e)
Figure 9: Global it hardware market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017(e)
Figure 10: Global it hardware market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017(e)
Figure 11: Global it hardware market value forecast: $ million, 2017-22
Figure 12: Forces driving competition in the global it hardware market, 2017
Figure 13: Drivers of buyer power in the global it hardware market, 2017
Figure 14: Drivers of supplier power in the global it hardware market, 2017
Figure 15: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global it hardware market, 2017
Figure 16: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global it hardware market, 2017
Figure 17: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global it hardware market, 2017
Figure 18: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 19: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 20: HP Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 21: HP Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 22: Lenovo Group Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 23: Lenovo Group Limited: assets & liabilities