Increasing ADAS and Safety Features in the Vehicles driving the Market Growth
The growing applications for connectors in advanced safety systems in vehicles include Automotive Computer Controlled Systems (ACC), airbag, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Intelligent Parking Assist System (IPAS), Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) and steering systems. The increase in safety concerns among consumers, coupled with the safety-related initiatives from government agencies has elevated the requirement for connector systems to integrate the safety systems. For instance, automotive safety systems used in seatbelts, airbags and brakes require a connection system comprising a retainer and safety restraint system connector. Aptiv PLC provides various safety restraint system connector solutions for airbags. Thus, the growing demand for automotive safety systems has a direct influence on the demand for automotive connectors, driving the market of the automotive connector systems.
The other electronic content for vehicles has been increasing as a result of the growing demand for advanced and convenient systems, such as automatic transmissions and infotainment. The increase in the electronic content of vehicles has driven demand for automotive wiring harnesses in automobiles that in turn, have increased the need for connectors in these systems.
Reliability and High Competition are the Major Challenges for Manufacturers
Reliability and durability concerns are some functional challenges that hinder the growth of the market. Connectors are placed under the hood of automobiles and must have the capacity to withstand high as well as sub-zero temperatures and shocks. Therefore, recent incidents of the failure of these devices can pose serious concerns. Increase in competition among automotive connector manufacturers in the global context is one of the major challenges for new entrants in the market.
Automotive Connectors - Technological Developments
Manufacturers continue to focus on the growing need for advanced connector technology in the automotive market. One of the primary advances that most automotive connector manufacturers are focusing on is the deployment of semiconductor technology used in the production of automotive connectors that are used in infotainment systems. Semiconductor technology ensures high-speed data communication in vehicles for key aspects of infotainment and other advanced driver assistance systems, including control of displays and cameras. For instance, Inova Semiconductors, a German-based company, has been involved in the production of state-of-the-art semiconductors and has launched APIX2 multichannel SerDes solutions to be used for various applications in automotive connector systems. Also, the shielded twisted-pair connection systems are increasingly used as a connector for various driver assistant systems. These connection systems are usually enabled for higher resolution stack displays, backup cameras, digital instrument clusters, head-up displays, and expanded customer convenience port (CCP) access through digital media hubs for state-of-the-art audio and video.
Key Developments of the Market:
- August 2017: TE Connectivity Ltd., completed the acquisition of Hirschmann Car Communication (HCC), specialist in antenna technologies primarily for vehicle communications and connectivity, based in Germany and has operates in Europe, North America and China.
- July 2017: JST new AIT and AIT II Series automotive connectors offered 30% space saving compared to standard USCAR footprint connectors, now available in stock in Europe in TTI Inc., world’s leading distributor of electronics components.
Reasons to Purchase the Report:
- Latest technology trends adopted by the manufacturers in the automotive connector market
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Study on the applications and vehicle type that are expected to dominate the market
- Study on the regions and countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate Sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements..
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Assumptions
2.4 Econometric Forecast Model
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview and Technology Trends
4.1 Current Market Scenario
4.2 Technology Trends
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of the Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of the Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Increasing ADAS and Safety Features in Vehicles
5.2.1 Reliability and Durability are Major Challenges
5.3.1 Stringent Government Regulations
6. Global Automotive Connector Market Segmentation, By Application
6.2 Comfort, Convenience & Entertainment
6.3 Safety & Security
6.4 Body Wiring & Power Distribution
6.5 Navigation & Instrumentation
7. Global Automotive Connector Market Segmentation, By Vehicle Type
7.1 Passenger Car
7.2 Commercial Vehicle
8. Global Automotive Connector Market Market Segmentation, By Geography
8.1 North America
8.1.1 The United States
8.1.3 Rest of North America
8.2.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.3.2 The United Kingdom
8.3.5 Rest of Europe
8.4 Rest of the World
8.4.3 South Africa
8.4.4 Other Countries
9. Competitive Landscape
9.2 Market Share Analysis
10. Company Profiles
10.1 Alpes Connectique Services
10.2 Amphenol Corporation
10.3 BizLink Holding Inc
10.4 Aptiv PLC
10.5 Harting Technology Group
10.6 Hirose Electric Co., Ltd.
10.7 Hu Lane Associates Inc.
10.8 IRISO ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
10.10 ODU GmbH & Co.KG
10.12 TE Connectivity Ltd.
10.13 Yazaki Corporation
- Alpes Connectique Services
- Amphenol Corporation
- BizLink Holding Inc
- Aptiv PLC
- Harting Technology Group
- Hirose Electric Co. Ltd.
- Hu Lane Associates Inc.
- IRISO ELECTRONICS CO. Ltd.
- ODU GmbH & Co.KG
- TE Connectivity Ltd.
- Yazaki Corporation