High Demand for Use in Concrete Additives
Lignin Products is used as a binder for glass wool building insulation and helps in improving the performance of asphalt binders. The binding ability of lignosulphonates makes them applicable in various fields, such as ceramics, animal feed, fiberglass insulation, carbon black, linoleum paste, and soil stabilizer. They yield low-cost material with reasonable strength.By application, the concrete additives segment dominated the global Lignin Products market in 2017, and is expected to register a steady CAGR of 3.42% over the forecast period.Lignin Products sulphonate has been historically used on roads, as a method for surface stabilization and dust control. Lignin Products-based products are safer and more economical than the petroleum and salt-based products that are typically applied to road surfaces. This is one of the major factors that is expected to boost the use of Lignin Products-based products, over the forecast period. The robust manufacturing base of the chemical industry, in the developing economies of Central America, South America, and Asia-Pacific, is expected to drive chemical manufacturers toward an increase in the expenditure, on the development of Lignin Products that can be used as concrete admixtures.
Europe Dominates the Market
Europe has the highest share, accounting for nearly 34% of the global market, in 2017. The European market is mainly driven by the increasing demand for Lignin Products products from the aerospace and automotive sectors in the region. Additionally, the booming construction industry in the region has boosted the demand for Lignin Products.
The United Kingdom is the Leader
Strong aerospace industry and rebound in the construction sector in the United Kingdom have significantly contributed to the growth of the UK Lignin Products market. The increased adoption of low cost Lignin Products-based carbon fibers in the UK aerospace sector is expected to spur the demand for Lignin Products products in the country. The country holds approximately 9.56% share in the global Lignin Products market.
Key Developments in the Market
- May 2017- Rayonier Advanced Materials announced plan to acquire Tembec.
- October 2017- Borregaard and Borg Havn signed a collaboration agreement on the design of a modern, sustainable Lignin Products warehouse in Øra off Fredrikstad
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Market definition, along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities.
- Various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The regions or countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- The product segment that is expected to dominate the market over the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimation sheet (in Excel).
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service team, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 Raw Material Analysis
3.4 Price Trend Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Stringent Regulations for Dust Control
4.1.2 Increasing Demand for Animal Feed
4.1.3 Rising Need for High-quality, Low-price Concrete Admixtures in Emerging Countries
4.1.4 Increasing Usage of Lignin as Dispersant
4.2.1 Low Value for International Trade and Transportation
4.2.2 Gap Between R&D and Consumer Products
4.2.3 Decreased or Stagnant Used of Lignin Products in Developed Countries
4.3.1 Increasing Popularity for Substituting Fossil-based Raw Material
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.2 Kraft Lignin
5.1.3 High-Purity Lignin
5.2 By Source
5.2.1 Kraft Pulping
5.2.2 Sulfite Pulping
5.2.3 Cellulosic Ethanol
5.3 By Application
5.3.1 Concrete Additive
5.3.2 Animal Feed
6. Regional Market Analysis
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.4 Nordic Countries
6.3.5 Rest of Europe
6.4 Rest of the World
6.4.2 Saudi Arabia
6.4.3 Rest of the World
7. Future of the Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
8.2 Market Share Analysis**
8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, Recent Developments)
9.1 Asian Lignin Manufacturing Pvt. Ltd.
9.2 Borregaard Lignotech (Borregaard)
9.3 Changzhou Shanfeng Chemical Industry Co. Ltd.
9.4 Domsjo Fabriker (Aditya Birla Group)
9.5 Domtar Corporation
9.6 Greenvalue SA
9.7 Green Agrochem
9.8 Lignol (Fibria Cellulose SA)
9.9 Stora Enso
9.10 Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd.
9.11 Rayonier Advanced Materials
9.12 The Dallas Group Of America Inc.
9.13 WestRock Company
9.14 Wuhan East China Chemical Co., Ltd.
9.15 Shenyang Xingzhenghe Chemical Co., Ltd.
*List not exhaustive
**Subject to availability on public domain
- Asian Lignin Manufacturing Pvt. Ltd.
- Borregaard Lignotech (Borregaard)
- Changzhou Shanfeng Chemical Industry Co. Ltd.
- Domsjo Fabriker (Aditya Birla Group)
- Domtar Corporation
- Greenvalue SA
- Green Agrochem
- Lignol (Fibria Cellulose SA)
- Stora Enso
- Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd.
- Rayonier Advanced Materials
- The Dallas Group Of America Inc.
- WestRock Company
- Wuhan East China Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Shenyang Xingzhenghe Chemical Co., Ltd.