"Cigarettes in Macedonia, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Macedonian market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Macedonia is the southern-most republic to emerge from the former Yugoslavia. It is officially known as the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) due to a long running political dispute with neighboring Greece, which will need to be resolved before Macedonia joins the EU. Overall cigarette consumption had been quite buoyant, having recovered from the downturn in 2010 when, as a result of a new smoking ban, volumes fell to 3.8 billion. The recovery has been helped by improved border controls, which have reduced the impact of contraband on the duty paid market.
- In per capita terms and based on legitimate trade, consumption levels are high, standing at 2,188 pieces a year in 2016, which is only 4.5% down on 1990 levels. Smoking prevalence is high, with 36.5% of adults being smokers .
- The two largest manufacturers are Imperial Tobacco TKS, which is a subsidiary of the Imperial Tobacco Group and based in Skopje, and TK Prilep, the only other domestic producer.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production and Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 3: Consumption Breakdown: Domestic v International Brands, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 4: Consumption Breakdown: Domestic v International Brands, 2000-2016, % of Total
Table 5: Manufacturer Sales Volume, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 6: Manufacturers' Market Shares, percentage share (%), 2000-2016
Table 7: Retail Prices of Selected Brands, 2014
Table 8: Retail Prices of Selected Brands, 2017
Table 9: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 10: Smoking Trends by Region, 2013
Table 11: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016
Table 12: Cigarette imports, 1993-2016
Table 13: Imports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 14: Imports by Country of Origin, % of Total, 2000-2016
Table 15: Exports of Cigarettes, 1993-2016
Table 16: Exports by Country of Destination, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 17: Exports by Country of Destination, % of Total, 2000-2016
Table 18: Company profile: Imperial Tobacco TKS a.d.
Table 19: Company profile: Tutunski Kombinat AD Prilep (TK Prilep)
Table 20: Consumption Forecasts to 2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology