Gastric and gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinoma (G/GEJAC) represents the majority of gastric cancer cases worldwide. It is the fifth most diagnosed cancer globally, and the third most common cause of cancer death in the world. The G/GEJAC pipeline features 330 products across all stages of clinical development, with monoclonal antibodies prominently featured in Phase III. Trastuzumab biosimilars are the most numerous drug type and make up 75% of the drugs in pre-registration.
53% of G/GEJAC clinical trials are located in the Asia-Pacific region (Japan accounting for 43% of those). The Asia-Pacific region shows a considerable global lead in clinical activity, followed by North America, in turn led by the US.
Overall, the author expects new drug approvals to drive G/GEJAC market growth over the next decade (2016-2026).
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Pipeline Assessment: regional breakdown, promising late-stage products, early-stage pipeline by molecule type
- Clinical Trials Assessment: trial breakdown by phase, leading industry and non-industry sponsors, enrollment analytics
- Commercial Assessment: heading marketed products, current and future players
- Competitive Landscape Analysis: key market events (2016-2026)
This report combines data from the Pharma Intelligence Center with in-house analyst expertise to provide a competitive assessment of the disease marketplace.
Components of the slide deck include:
- Pipeline Assessment-regional breakdown, promising late-stage products, early-stage pipeline by molecule type
- Clinical Trials Assessment-trial breakdown by phase, leading industry and non-industry sponsors, enrollment analytics
- Commercial Assessment-leading marketed products, current and future players
- Competitive Landscape Analysis-key market events (2016-2026).
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global G/GEJAC market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global G/GEJAC market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
2. Executive Summary
2.1 Key Findings
2.2 Key Events
3.1 Report Scope
3.2 Disease Definition and Epidemiology Overview
4. Pipeline Assessment
4.1 Pipeline Overview
4.2 Pipeline Products - Regional Breakdown
4.3 Pipeline Products - Target/MOA Breakdown
4.4 Pipeline Products - Review Designations in the US, EU, Japan
4.5 Pipeline Products - Late-Stage Pipeline
5. Clinical Trial Assessment
5.1 Clinical Trials Overview
5.2 Clinical Trials - Top Sponsors of Clinical Trials in G/GEJAC
5.3 Clinical Trials - Breakdown by Region
5.4 Clinical Trials - Success Rate
5.5 Clinical Trials - Therapy Area Perspective
5.6 Clinical Trials - Enrollment Analytics
6. Commercial Assessment
6.1 Leading Marketed Products
6.2 Current & Future Players
7. Competitive Landscape Analysis (2016-2026)
7.1 Events Classification Overview
7.2 US - Immunotherapies
7.3 US - Other Therapies
7.4 5EU - Immunotherapies
7.5 5EU - Other Therapies
7.6 Japan - Immunotherapies
7.7 Japan - Other Therapies
7.8 China - Immunotherapies
7.9 China - Other Therapies
8.3 Key Events Included in the Analysis
8.4 About the Authors
- Boston Biomedical
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Eli Lilly
- Five Prime
- Hengrui Medicine
- LSK BioPharma
- Merck & Co
- Merck KGaA
- Sumitomo Dainippon