"The UK Menswear Market, 2017-2022", report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the market (including forecasts up to 2022), the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes. It provides in-depth analysis of the following: the hot issues impacting the market (the underserved 35-44s, sportswear opportunities, utilising male influencers and targeting plus size shoppers), strategies for success, market sizes and forecasts, retailer profiles, retailer market shares, consumer data and future outlook.
Menswear is forecast to be the best performing clothing sector over the next five years with spend rising 18.2% between 2017 and 2022. Despite a challenging economic outlook causing consumers to rein in their discretionary spending in 2018, opportunities for growth in menswear remain as a new, young, more fashion forward shopper in the 16-24 age group is looking for more choice, buying more trend-led styles, and will take their shopping habits with them as they age.
- While online shopping offers the most growth opportunities in the menswear market, 79.1% of shoppers still purchase instore highlighting how crucial it is to review store portfolios and invest in improving the instore experience.
- 47.4% of female clothing shoppers purchased menswear over the past year, highlighting that female influence in men’s clothing remains strong, so targeting gift buyers is important for retailers.
- Friends are the most popular source of inspiration for menswear shoppers, far more so than celebrities and sports personalities.
- Using our forecasts out to 2022, understand the opportunity that the plus size menswear market holds, and which retailers can take advantage.
- Use our in-depth analysis of the 35-44 year old menswear shopper and where they currently shop to understand which retailers pose the greatest competition.
- Utilise our menswear positioning map to consider which segments of the market are underserved or highly saturated in order to inform strategic decisions and seize growth opportunities.
- Understand menswear shoppers’ purchasing habits and preferences, and what influences them, in order to drive spend.
- JD Sports
- River Island
- Ted Baker
- House of Fraser
- French Connection
- John Lewis
- Moss Bros
- Shop Direct
- New Look
- TK Maxx
- Sports Direct
- Massimo Dutti