"Cigarettes in Australia, 2018", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Australia.
Smoking has traditionally been widespread, however tax increases has been driving up prices, and increased restrictions on public smoking have led to the smoking prevalence rate to decline. Until recently, smoker numbers changed little, but a upward shift has occurred. There are currently 2.62 million adults smoking regularly or occasionally, with 16.9% of adult male and 12.1% female smokers in 2016, or 14.5% of the adult population. In per capita terms, legitimate consumption now averages around 664 pieces in 2017, compared with 1,302 pieces in 2000 and 2,117 pieces in 1990.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2017 to 2027.
- Market volume in 2017 was 15.4 billion pieces
- In per capita terms, Australian consumers consumed an average of 664 cigarettes in 2017.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail
- Retail Prices
7. Production & Trade
- Advertising Restrictions
- Health Warnings/Labeling Requirements
- Other Restrictions
10. Prospects & Forecasts
- What is this Report About?
- Time Frame
- Product Category Coverage
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, Duty Paid, 1990-2017
Table 3: Non-Duty Paid Tobacco Sector Breakdown, Tons, 2012-2016
Table 4: Cigarette Retail Sales Trends, Grocery Sector, 2001-2015
Table 5: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported Cigarettes, 2002-2016, Billion Pieces
Table 6: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported Cigarettes, 2002-2016, %
Table 7: Marketed Strength Trends, Grocery Sector, 2000-2006, %
Table 8: Market Segmentation by Pack Size, Grocery Sector, 2002-2013, % Volume
Table 9: Market Segmentation by Pack Size, Grocery Sector, 2002-2014/15, % Value
Table 10: Grocery Sector Sales by Price Category, 2002-2014, Billion Pieces
Table 11: Grocery Sector Sales by Price Category, 2002-2014, % Volume
Table 12: Grocery Sector Sales by Price Category, 2002-2014, Value: A$ Billion
Table 13: Grocery Sector Sales by Price Category, 2002-2014, % value
Table 14: Total Market Segmentation by Price, 2012-2015, % Volume
Table 15: Cigarette Sales by Outlet, 2012 & 2013, % Volume
Table 16: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 17: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2016, % Volume
Table 18: Manufacturer Shares, Grocery v Other Outlets, 2011-2014, % Volume
Table 19: Market Shares, Leading Brand Families, 2002-2014, % Volume
Table 20: Manufacturer Shares by Price Segment, Grocery Sector, 2004-2014, % Volume
Table 21: Manufacturer Shares by Price Segment, Grocery Sector, 2004-2014, % Value
Table 22: Leading Cigarette Brands by Value, 2015, % Value
Table 23: Brand Family Shares by Price Segment, Grocery Outlets, 2010-2014, %
Table 24: Manufacturer Shares, Convenience Outlets, 2004-2007, 2010, % Value
Table 25: Manufacturer Shares, Tobacconists, 2010(1), % Volume
Table 26: Excise Duty Rates, 1999-2017
Table 27: Recommended Retail Price List - Cigarettes, current price list - (September 1, 2017)
Table 28: Retail Prices, 2009-2015, A$
Table 29: Price Differentials of Various Illegal Products Compared with a Packet of Winfield 25s, 2010 & 2013, A$
Table 30: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 31: Analysis of Tobacco Use by Age & Gender, 2013, Males %
Table 32: Analysis of Tobacco Use by Age & Gender, 2013, Females %
Table 33: Analysis of Tobacco Use by Age & Gender, 2013, Total %
Table 34: Use of Tobacco by Gender & State, 2013, Male %
Table 35: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016
Table 36: Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2016
Table 37: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 38: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2016, % Breakdown
Table 39: Cigarette Exports, 1990-2016
Table 40: Exports by Country of Origin, 2000-2014, Million Pieces
Table 41: Exports by Country of Origin, 2000-2014, %
Table 42: Recent Anti-Smoking Regulation by State, 2009-2013
Table 43: Company Profile: British American Tobacco Australia
Table 44: Company Profile: Philip Morris Ltd
Table 45: Company profile: Imperial Tobacco Australia Ltd
Table 46: Consumption Forecasts to 2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology