This 1-day course provides a thorough understanding of regulatory requirements, i.e. Basel III, its adoption into European Laws – Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR), Capital Requirements Directive IV (CRD IV) and recent EU banking reform proposals – its implications for financial institutions and how best practice institutions should manage their risks and optimize constrains, i.e. capital and liquidity, in order to achieve corporate goals and ensure sustainability.
Taught by a former senior banker the course covers the most important issues of the regulatory landscape to help financial executives and other interested professionals absorb complex material in a clear and concise way.
You may be also interested in the following courses:
EMIR - 8 Jun 2018, London
MiFID Compliance - 7 Jun 2018, London
MiFID Transaction Reporting - 8 Jun, London
Register for any 2 programmes and save £100 (in total, not per course)
What Will You Learn
By the end of this course you will:
- Gain a better understanding of stakeholders (regulators, shareholders) requirements following the financial crisis
- Understand the key elements of the Basel III/CRD reforms and its impact and challenges
- Recognise how to set up efficient internal capital and liquidity adequacy assessment processes (ICAAP and ILAAP)
- Understand recovery and resolution
- Be aware of upcoming regulatory changes and related implications for banks
- Assess gaps in your institution
Main Topics Covered During This Training
- Key Risk & Performance Indicators under CRD IV
- Capital and Liquidity Planning (ICAAP and ILAAP)
- Information that is common to ICAAP and ILAAP
- ICAAP and ILAAP specific information
- Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive (BRRD) in the EU
- From Basel III to Basel IV & CRD V
From Basel III to Basel IV / CRD V: What’s Next for Banks. Implications for European Banks
Introduction Background and Scope
Key Risk & Performance Indicators under CRD IV
Capital and Liquidity Planning (ICAAP and ILAAP)
Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive (BRRD) in the EU
From Basel III to Basel IV —> CRD V
End of Day / Program
The trainer is the author of the book “Banking Pillars – How Banks of all Sizes Can Achieve Excellence under Basel III”, published by The Risk Management Association (RMA).In his more than 25 years in the financial services industry, he has acted in various risk management capacities in both strategic and operative functions. His core area of work and experience is financial risk management and banking regulation.
The former Deputy Chief Risk Officer has been working as a consultant since 2010, and has trained financial services executives in a variety of banking/risk/regulation subjects in more than 30 countries, including Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE. His core expertise is Basel III, CRD IV, Dodd-Frank Act.
He is a faculty member of Pacific Coast Banking School, in partnership with the Graduate School Business at the University of Washington, in Seattle WA. In the United Kingdom, he is Honorary Senior Visiting Fellow in the Faculty of Finance at Sir John Cass Business School, City University London.
Who Should Attend
The course will benefit executives / professionals in financial services firms, particularly in the following functions:
- Business Managers
- Risk Management
- Internal Control
- Treasury, Balance Sheet Management
- Governance and Compliance
- Investor Relations
Venue to be announced shortly.