This is a highly practical 2 day course designed to help delegates appreciate how Project Management in Banks and Financial Institutions uniquely differs from other ‘typical’ non-Banking projects. The trainer will share his substantial practical experience in implementing such varied complex regulatory and operational projects especially within Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
The programme will look at business drivers, planning, budgeting through to implementation including Governance and Controls. The trainer will include many real life case studies addressing challenges faced in implementing some of the current regulatory frameworks including Anti-Money Laundering (AML/KYC) Legislation, FCA Transaction Reporting (MiFID) Client Money (CASS)); EEC Directives & Regulations (MiFIR, EMIR, Basel III Intraday Liquidity Reporting, LIBOR) and Operational and Market Risks including Algorithmic Trading, Assuring Mathematical Risk Models including VaR and Derivatives Pricing Models etc.
There will be an exam at the end of the course to help participants consolidate knowledge. Participants will receive course certificates on completion.
What Will You Learn
By the end of this course you will:
- Learn about best project management methodologies used within financial sector
- Plan, prepare and effectively implement a project in your organisation
- Clearly define objectives and asses risks
- Set up implementation phases
- Assign roles and responsibilities in order to optimise the use of resources
- Plan and control the budget
- Manage changes and trouble shooting
- Monitor quality
- Assess project implementation
- Case studies ranging from regulation, operation to trading
- Theory will be underpinned with hands on practical exercises; delegates working in teams
Main Topics Covered During This Training
- Defining project scope
- Principles of project management
- Roles and responsibilities
- Project budgeting
- Managing risk involved
- Planning phases
- Tracking, controlling and reporting
- Change management
- Quality management
- Finalising a project
Project management in banks & financial institutions
Introduction Regulatory Project: Case Study 1: MiFID Transaction Reporting
Introduction Front Office Trading Project: Case Study 2: Algorithmic Trading
Introduction Front Office Trading Project: Case Study 3: Assuring Mathematical Risk Models including VaR and Derivatives Pricing Models etc
Introduction Operational Project: Case Study 4: Financial Product Launch
Introduction Operational Project: Case Study 5: LIBOR
Recap, Questions and Answers, Test
The regulatory programmes delivered successfully included Anti-Money Laundering (AML), KYC, Client Suitability, Regulatory Reporting Transaction Reporting (MiFID, MiFIR, EMIR), Client Money (CASS)), Basel III Intraday Liquidity reporting, Dodd-Frank Dodd, OCC Article XI (Risk Assessment) and LIBOR.
The trainer is a motivational leader, experienced in managing multi-disciplinary teams of 60 located globally, driving and delivering initiatives with budgets from £1m to £35m; delivered the entire project life cycle; has a deep understanding of the full business trade cycle (Sales, Trading, Operations, Treasury and Accounting), have sound commercial and technical knowledge of all Capital Market asset classes (Fixed Income, Equity, FX and Derivatives), Regulatory and Compliance.
The trainer has number professional Practitioner level certificates in Programme & Project Management (PRINCE 2, MSP, Agile, PMO); Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI) Certificate in Regulations & Compliance, Stock Exchange Foundation Certificates in MiFIR (distinction), MiFID & EMIR. He also hold number of academic qualifications including MSc master's degree in Business Analysis & Design, BA (Hons) degree in Pure Mathematics and is a qualified teacher with a Post graduate PGCE Teacher degree in Mathematics Education from Institute of Education, University College London, London University.
Who Should Attend
From banks, fund, wealth management and insurance companies and financial institutions:
- Managers, Team Leaders, Project Managers, Change Managers, Programme Managers, PMO or anyone involved with Change or Projects in any capacity
- Anyone considering moving from a non-FI industry to the Financial Sector such as Investment Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance or Retail Banking
- Anyone working within the IT sector wanting to become familiar with Business Project Management
This training course will give participants an overview of the entire project management process, as well as key project management tools that they can use every day. The course is designed specifically for bank/financial institution projects.
Venue to be announced shortly.