The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is considered the most important change in data privacy regulation in 20 years.1 It has substantial ramifications for tech companies not just in the EU, but globally. The regulation protects the data of all EU subjects regardless of the country in which they reside or the platform on which their data resides.
From the 25th of May 2018, organisations who process, monitor, and store data belonging to EU citizens will be mandated to transform their marketing, system, and processing methods drastically to ensure the safety of data against cyber attacks and breaches.
GDPR will require organisations who process and control data to strengthen their data privacy controls, enhance technology for management of personal data and the supplying of detailed documentation. For cloud suppliers and those companies who work with them, GDPR will also force major operational changes–so much so that it could slow both innovation and growth.
- Do you know where your consumer data is?
- Can you clearly demonstrate consumer consent?
- Are your internal privacy controls robust and your products and services privacy-friendly?
- Is the data you store portable and transferrable?
- Can you completely erase personal data when needed?
- Can you quickly recognize and report a data breach?
- Are you confident that the third parties you utilize will be GDPR compliant?
- Are you fully staffed with skilled privacy practitioners?
How ready is your company? To what extent can you demonstrate the answers to these questions? Non-compliance could mean potential fines of 4% of the previous year’s global turnover or €20 million, depending on the severity of the breach and the deemed offence “tier”.
What Will You Learn
This 2-day EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) training course provides a comprehensive introduction to the GDPR’s Principles, rights terminology, and compliance mechanisms. Candidates will learn how to plan a risk adverse, change driven, continuous and well thought through compliance programme with applicable accountability management of multifaceted roles like Data Protection Officer (DPO), Data Controller, and Data Processor under the GDPR.
Our Course Works on a Three-Point Principle:
1. Helping you understand better your internal compliance strategy for GDPR.
2. Help you determine/assess better your strategy and how well your operations measure up.
3. Help you determine your best approach and engagement model for trusted vendors and partners in data processing.
At The End of the Course there's Going to be an Exam Which Will Consist of:
- 45 Multiple Choice Questions
- 60 Minutes
- A 65% Pass Mark required to gain the GDPR certification
- Closed Book
Main Topics Covered During This Training
- Data privacy and global consciousness
- GDPR overview (background, terminology and span)
- GDPR framework –legal articles, recitals and application
- Principles of the GDPR and their application
- Individual Rights and GDPR
- Accountability, security and breach notification
- Data transfers and governance approach
- Derogations and special cases
- GDPR impacts – people, process and technology
- Privacy by design and default
- Regulators and compliance
- Enforcement, remedies, liabilities and fines
- Binding corporate rules and Privacy Management activities
- Accountability Roadmap and GDPR Compliance
- Data protection impact assessments (DPIA)
- Governance structure, control systems and framework and the role of the DPO
The Course Director is an experienced leader, investment banking professional and subject matter expert with strong commercial acumen and over 18 years experience overseeing global business intelligence, regulatory programmes and data/predictive analysis science programmes across North America, EMEA, Asia and Emerging Markets for tier 1 Investment and Asset Management banks such as Deutsche Bank (Asset Management & Investment Bank), ABN AMRO Asset Management, UBS (Private Wealth & Investment Bank), Bank of New York Asset Management, JP Morgan Asset Management and HSBC Investment Bank, RBS Investment Bank and Amoo Venture Capital Advisory.
An SME across various regulations such as FATCA, CRS, CDOT, MiFID, MiFID II, MiFIR, BCBS, GDPR, EMIR and Derivatives expert, Simon has over 7 years hands-on experience consulting/advising in, implementing regulations (from back to middle to front office) and training senior banking and finance executives both on the business and IT sides. He has operated in different capacity from Programme Management, Senior Business Analyst to Business Architect working within change management and operating across front office, middle office and bank office with remit extending joint accountability with other team members for M&A governance, consortium management, branding & communications, trading & settlements and transfer agency technologies of £72 Billion Asset under Management. He has also served as a non-executive Director and Business Development Director to Amoo Venture Capital Advisory, advising and reshaping regulatory financial technology for start-ups businesses in need of seed capital of between $500 thousand to $100 million.
There are no prerequisites for joining this course.
This Course is Directed to:
- Senior Managers
- Compliance Officer
- Data Protection Officers
- Information Security Professionals
- IT Managers
- Governance Teams
- Risk Managers
- Privacy Managers
- Marketing Professionals
- Other individuals
Looking to enhance their knowledge of the impending GDPR.
Venue to be announced shortly.