The author's India Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q4-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q4-2017 vs Q4-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q4-2017 vs Q4-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- The composite scheme has been extended from companies with revenue of less than INR 7.5 million to those with less than INR 10 million - in order to promote small scale industries. The tax rates for the compensation plan have been fixed at 2% for manufacturers and 1% for traders
- A mixed response has been seen for E-commerce sales. Many regional players decided to watch and assess potential benefits
- Regional players focused mainly on local flavors and ayurvedic ingredients. They also tended towards intra-state sales in order to take advantage of the composite scheme
- National players looked to remove poorly performing brands from their portfolio
- Price hikes have negatively impacted buying capacity for petroleum and alcohol. The government has decided not to bring petroleum products and alcoholic drinks under the goods and services tax (GST) to substantiate the deficit from various other sectors
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the India beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in India to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry ‘hot topic’ offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
2 Impact Of The Economic Situation
4 Market Drivers
5 Market Trends
5.1 Soft Drinks
5.1.1 Packaged Water
5.1.2 Bulk/HOD Water
5.1.4 Enhanced Water
5.1.5 Flavored Water
5.1.8 Still Drinks
5.1.10 Fruit Powders
5.1.11 Iced/RTD Tea Drinks
5.1.12 Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks
5.1.13 Sports Drinks
5.1.14 Energy Drinks
5.2 Alcoholic Drinks
5.3 Dairy Drinks
5.4 Hot Beverages
5.5 Data Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: India at a Glance - Quarterly Performance and Latest Forecast
Table 2: Impact Of The Economic Situation
Table 3: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Liters, 2017P-2018F
Table 4: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2017P-2018F
Table 5: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Liters, 2017P-2018F
Table 6: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2017P-2018F
Table 7: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Liters, 2017P-2018F
Table 8: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2017P-2018F