U-Healthcare Monitoring Systems: Volume One: Design and Applications focuses on designing efficient U-healthcare systems which require the integration and development of information technology service/facilities, wireless sensors technology, wireless communication tools, and localization techniques, along with health management monitoring, including increased commercialized service or trial services. These u-healthcare systems allow users to check and remotely manage the health conditions of their parents. Furthermore, context-aware service in u-healthcare systems includes a computer which provides an intelligent service based on the user's different conditions by outlining appropriate information relevant to the user's situation.
This volume will help engineers design sensors, wireless systems and wireless communication embedded systems to provide an integrated u-healthcare monitoring system. This volume provides readers with a solid basis in the design and applications of u-healthcare monitoring systems.
- Provides a solid basis in the design and applications of the u-healthcare monitoring systems
- Illustrates the concept of the u-healthcare monitoring system and its requirements, with a specific focus on the medical sensors and wireless sensors communication
- Presents a multidisciplinary volume that includes different applications of the monitoring system which highlight the main features for biomedical sensor devices
- Ontology-based Electronic Health Record Semantic Interoperability: A Survey
A Unified Fuzzy Ontology for Distributed Electronic Health Record Semantic Interoperability
- A Genetic Algorithm Based Metaheuristic Approach to Customize a Computer Aided Classification System for Enhanced Screen Film Mammograms
- Improving Prediction Accuracy of Heart Disease with Ensemble Learning and Majority Voting Rule
- Comparison of Multi-class and Hierarchical CAC Design for Benign and Malignant Hepatic Tumors
- Wearable U-HRM Device for Rural Application
- Medical image diagnosis for disease detection : A Deep learning approach
- Reasoning Methodologies in Clinical Decision Support Systems: A Literature Review"; "Ontology Enhanced Fuzzy Clinical Decision Support System
- Embedded Healthcare System for Day-to-day Fitness, Chronic Kidney Disease and Congestive Heart Failure"; "Embedded Healthcare System based on Bio-impedance Analysis for Identification and Classification of Skin Diseases in Indian Context
- Dummy Framework for Automated Generation and Testing of P300 Features
- Machine learning for medical diagnosis: A neural network classifier optimized via Directed Bee Colony optimization algorithm
- A Hybrid CAD System for Liver Diseases using Clinical and Radiological Data
Nilanjan Dey received his Ph. D. Degree from Jadavpur University, India, in 2015. He is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Information Technology, Techno India College of Technology, Kolkata, W.B., India. He holds an honorary position of Visiting Scientist at Global Biomedical Technologies Inc., CA, USA and Research Scientist of Laboratory of Applied Mathematical Modeling in Human Physiology, Territorial Organization of- Scientific and Engineering Unions, Bulgaria. Associate Researcher of Laboratoire RIADI, University of Manouba, Tunisia. His research topic is Medical Imaging, Data mining, Machine learning, Computer Aided Diagnosis, Atherosclerosis etc. He is the Editor-in-Chief of International Journal of Ambient Computing and Intelligence (IGI Global), US, International Journal of Rough Sets and Data Analysis (IGI Global), US, the International Journal of Synthetic Emotions (IGI Global), US, (Co-EinC) and International Journal of Natural Computing Research (IGI Global), US. Series Editor (Co.) of Advances in Ubiquitous Sensing Applications for Healthcare (AUSAH), Elsevier, Advances in Geospatial Technologies (AGT) Book Series, (IGI Global), US, Executive Editor of International Journal of Image Mining (IJIM), Inderscience, Associated Editor of IEEE Access and International Journal of Information Technology, Springer. He has 20 books and more than 200 research articles in peer-reviewed journals and international conferences. He is the organizing committee member of several international conferences including ITITS, W4C, ICMIR, FICTA, ICICT.
Amira S. Ashour is currently an Assistant Professor and Head of Department-EEC, Faculty of Engineering, Tanta University, Egypt. She has been the Vice Chair of Computer Engineering Department, Computers and Information Technology College, Taif University, KSA for one year from 2015. She has been the vice chair of CS department, CIT college, Taif University, KSA for 5 years. Her research interests are Smart antenna, Direction of arrival estimation, Targets tracking, Image processing, Medical imaging, Machine learning, Signal/image/video processing, Image analysis, Computer vision, and Optimization. She has 6 books and about 70 published journal papers. She is an Editor-in-Chief for the International Journal of Synthetic Emotions (IJSE), IGI Global, US. She is an Associate Editor for the IJRSDA, IGI Global, US as well as the IJACI, IGI Global, US. She is an Editorial Board Member of the International Journal of Image Mining (IJIM), Inderscience.
James Fong, Simon
Simon Fong graduated from La Trobe University, Australia, with a 1st Class Honours BEng, Computer Systems degree and a PhD, Computer Science degree in 1993 and 1998 respectively. Simon is now working as an Associate Professor at the Computer and Information Science Department of the University of Macau. He is a co-founder of the Data Analytics and Collaborative Computing Research Group in the Faculty of Science and Technology. Prior to his academic career, Simon took up various managerial and technical posts, such as systems engineer, IT consultant and e-commerce director in Australia and Asia. Dr. Fong has published over 373 international conference and peer-reviewed journal papers, mostly in the areas of data mining, data stream mining, big data analytics, meta-heuristics optimization algorithms, and their applications. He serves on the editorial boards of the Journal of Network and Computer Applications of Elsevier, IEEE IT Professional Magazine, and various special issues of SCIE-indexed journals.
Surekha Borra is currently a Professor in the Department of ECE, K. S. Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India. She earned her Doctorate in Image Processing from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, India, in 2015. Her research interests are in the areas of Image and Video Analytics, Machine Learning, Biometrics and Remote Sensing. She has published 1 edited book, 8 book chapters and 22 research papers to her credit in refereed & indexed journals, and conferences at international and national levels. Her international recognition includes her professional memberships & services in refereed organizations, programme committees, editorial & review boards, wherein she has been a guest editor for 2 journals and reviewer for journals published by IEEE, IET, Elsevier, Taylor & Francis, Springer, IGI-Global etc,. She has received Woman Achiever's Award from The Institution of Engineers (India), for her prominent research and innovative contribution (s)., Woman Educator & Scholar Award for her contributions to teaching and scholarly activities, Young Woman Achiever Award for her contribution in Copyright Protection of Images.