Edition after edition, Understanding Nursing Research: Building an Evidence-Based Practice is known as one of the leading undergraduate nursing textbooks. The streamlined and enhanced 7th edition gives you unique insights into understanding, appraising, and applying published research for evidence-based nursing practice. Known for its authoritative content, time-tested systematic approach, and unique research example format - the new edition includes an enhanced EBP focus, added mixed-methods and reduced outcomes research content, plus a spotlight on need-to-know information to meet your busy life.
2. Introduction to Quantitative Research
3. Introduction to Qualitative Research
4. Examining Ethics in Nursing Research
5. Examining Research Problems, Purposes, and Hypotheses
6. Understanding and Critically Appraising the Literature Review
7. Understanding Theory and Research Frameworks
8. Clarifying Quantitative Research Designs
9. Examining Populations and Samples in Research
10. Clarifying Measurement and Data Collection in Quantitative Research
11. Understanding Statistics in Research
12. Critical Appraisal of Quantitative and Qualitative Research for Nursing Practice
13. Building an Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
14. Introduction to Additional Research Methodologies in Nursing: Mixed Methods and Outcomes NEW!
Gray, Jennifer R. George W. and Hazel M. Jay Professor, College of Nursing; Associate Dean and Chair, Department of MSN Administration, Education, and PhD Programs, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas.