This issue of Advanced Manufacturing TOE highlights advancements in plastic forming extrusion and welding, including computer-controlled twin screw extruders, extrusion of composite material with varying durometer or hardness levels, modular extrusion systems, computer aided robotic welding software, compounding extruders, nitrogen inerting for plastic production, PET plastic recycling, and liquid plastic handheld welders.
The Advanced Manufacturing TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) covers global innovations and developments related to manufacturing and industrial automation on a weekly basis. Innovations are focused toward improving product traceability, energy efficiency and reducing environmental footprints, integrating product design and manufacturing aspects for reducing time-to-market. Research focus areas include rapid prototyping (additive manufacturing), lightweighting (multimaterial joining, plastics and metals manufacturing, carbon fiber-based composite manufacturing), smart robotics (agile robots, consumer robots, swarm robotics, cobots), monitoring and control (wireless control networks, human machine interface), and simulation and modeling (design and simulation software).
The Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (AMA) Cluster covers technologies that enable clean, lean and flexible manufacturing and industrial automation. Technologies such as three-dimensional (3D) and four-dimensional (4D) printing, wireless sensors and networks, information and communication technology, multimaterial joining, composites manufacturing, digital manufacturing, micro- and nano-manufacturing, lasers, advanced software, and printing techniques, are covered as part of this cluster. The technologies covered here impact a wide range of industries, such as the impact semiconductor, automotive and transportation, aerospace and defense, industrial, healthcare, logistics, and electronics industries.
Table of Contents
1. Recent Developments in Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
- Twin-screw Extruder Integrated with Computer Controlled Solutions
- High Torque, High Throughput Extruder System
- Extrusion of Composite Material with a Varying Durometer
- Customizable Modular Extrusion System
- Liquid Plastic Handheld Welder
- Automated Welding Computer Aided Solution for Consistent Weld
- High Pressure Multi-application Compounding Extruder
- High Performance Molding of a Wide Range of Polymers
- Nitrogen to Improve Surface Quality of Mass Produced Plastic Parts
- Recycling of PET Using Zero Energy
- Industry Contacts