This issue of High-Tech Materials profiles innovations in flame retardants. Flame retardants for use in thermoplastic materials, using organically modified silicates as flame retardants for polymers, on-toxic flame retardant for polyurethane foam applications, nanoclay flame retardants for composites used in the construction industry, and multifunctional organic-inorganic hybrid flame retardant for epoxy resins have been profiled in the TOE.
The High-Tech Materials TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on technologies, products, processes, applications, and strategic insights on various materials across industries. Some material technologies include lightweight materials, bio–based materials, ceramics, smart materials, fibers, nanomaterials, responsive materials, polymers, woven and non woven materials, polymers and plastics and packaging materials.
The Chemicals and Advanced Materials cluster tracks research and innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thinfilms, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers, and several other related technologies and its impact and application across industries.
Advancements in Flame Retardant Additives
- Polymeric, Non-halogenated, and Non-migrating, Flame Retardants for Use in Thermoplastic Materials
- Organically Modified Silicates as Flame Retardants for Polymers
- Non-toxic Flame Retardant for Polyurethane Foam Applications
- Nanoclay Flame Retardants for Composites Used in the Construction Industry
- Multifunctional Organic-inorganic Hybrid Flame Retardant for Epoxy Resins
- Key Contacts