Increasing Consumer Expenditure Driving the Market
In the region, consumer expenditure is expected to increase, and when supported by increase in urbanization and earnings per household, an increase in disposable income is likely. High consumer confidence is reflected by increasing consumer expenditure, which is a positive economic indicator. Moreover, the rise in urbanization is expected to boost the demand for technically advanced devices, due to the benefits provided by the devices. The demand for technically advanced household devices or smart gadgets is expected to increase the demand of consumer batteries. Furthermore, over the forecast period, with technological advancements, the price of smart gadgets (such as smart phones, tablets, and laptops, among other technically advanced gadgets) is expected to go down, making them more accessible to the public. Consequently, it is expected to drive the growth of the regional consumer battery market.
Demand in Brazil Projected to Increase
Over the past five years, Brazil’s economic growth was significantly affected by corruption scandals. However, in the long run, with increased urbanization and a positive GDP growth rate, the domestic disposable income per household is likely to increase. Additionally, the country has witnessed an increase in urbanization. In 2016, around 85.93% of the country's population lived in urban areas, which was 85.69% in the previous year. It is projected that the urbanization activities would witness a significant growth. Urbanization, when coupled with higher disposable income, is expected to increase the demand for household gadgets, including electronics, thus boosting the demand for consumer batteries. The consumer battery market is expected to record sluggish growth over the short term, but it is likely to gain momentum in the long run.
Key Developments in the Market
- September 2017: LG Chem and Proterra announced that they would be working toward the development of a new heavy-duty battery cell. The combined company is also likely to develop consumer batteries in the future.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future South American consumer battery market outlook in the developed and emerging nations.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market.
- The countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
3.4 Government Rules and Regulations
4. Market Dynamics
5. Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.4 Threat of Substitutes
5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
6. Market Segmentation and Analysis - By Type (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
6.1 Lithium-ion Batteries
6.2 Zinc Carbon Batteries
6.3 Alkaline Batteries
6.4 Other Types of Batteries
7. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
7.4 Rest of South America
8. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Developments, and Analyst View)
8.2 BYD Company Limited
8.3 Johnson Controls International PLC
8.4 LG Chem Ltd
8.5 Panasonic Corporation
8.7 Samsung SDI Co. Ltd
9. Competitive Landscape
9.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
9.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
9.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
*List not Exhaustive
**Subject to availability to the public domain