Increasing awareness about clean energy - Driving the Market
Globally, the increasing awareness about clean energy is providing a huge impetus to alternate sources of energy. As per the Paris climate deal, the countries across the globe have committed to use clean energy sources and move away from conventional fuels which cause adverse effects on environment. The fuel cells can be used to bridge the demand supply gap of electricity caused by reduction in usage of conventional fuels. Furthermore, stringent environmental norms is likely to promulgate the demand for cleaner fuels, which in turn would drive the market for regenerative fuel cells.
Asia Pacific - Region with the Highest Market Share
Asia Pacific region has highest share in regenerative fuel cells market, owing to huge investments made in fuel cell technologies in countries such as Japan and South Korea. Japan and South Korea have planned to reduce the usage of nuclear energy thereby leading to increased opportunities for alternate power source, which in turn, is a big driver for regenerative fuel cells market. The Asia Pacific region offers immense market opportunities for regenerative fuel cells on account of widespread adoption of electric vehicles. The energy density of regenerative fuel cells is much higher than that of batteries which is likely to bolster its demand as clean fuel in transportation sector.
United States to Dominate the Market Growth
The US is anticipated to dominate the market growth for regenerative fuel cells on account of increased focus on deployment of clean energy solutions. The per capita emission of carbon dioxide in the US very high and overall carbon dioxide emissions is second after China. The US government provide huge incentive to fuel cell technology and according to the Department of Energy (DOE), the fuel cell technology will be cost competitive with other options by 2018. This in turn is likely to surge the market growth for regenerative fuel cells in the US at a rapid rate.
The major players include - Dupont Fuel Cell, Hitachi Ltd., Cmr Fuel Cells Plc, Panasonic Corp, Samsung Sdi Co Ltd, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future regenerative fuel cells market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4. Market Dynamics
5. Supply Chain Analysis
6. Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Force Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitutes
6.5 Competitive Rivalry
7. Regional Market Analysis (Overview, Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7.1 North America
7.1.1 United States
7.1.3 Rest of North America
7.2.2 United Kingdom
7.2.4 Rest of Europe
7.3.5 Rest of of Asia-Pacific
7.4 South America
7.4.3 Rest of South America
7.5 Middle East & Africa
7.5.2 Saudi Arabia
7.5.3 South Africa
7.5.4 Rest of Middle East & Africa
8. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Development, and Analyst View)
8.1 Dupont Fuel Cell
8.2 Hitachi Ltd
8.3 Cmr Fuel Cells Plc
8.4 Panasonic Corp
8.5 Samsung Sdi Co Ltd
8.6 Polyfuel Inc
8.7 Sharp Corp
8.8 Toshiba Corp
8.9 Ultracell Corp
8.10 Fujikura Ltd
9. Competitive Landscape
9.1 Mergers and Acquisitions
9.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
9.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
*List not Exhaustive
**Subject to availability on public domain
- Samsung SDI
- Fujikura Limited
- Ballard Power Systems Inc.
- Oorja Protonics Inc.
- Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies
- Meoh Power Inc.
- SFC Energy AG
- Viaspace Inc.
- Antig Technology Co. LTD.
- Bren-Tronics Incorporated
- Treadstone Technologies Inc.
- Viaspace Inc.