"Smokeless Tobacco in Spain, 2018", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Spanish tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2027.
Spain is one of the largest markets for tobacco products in Western Europe, despite consumption falling back sharply since 2009. The market has long been dominated by factory-made cigarettes, while smokeless tobacco is a negligible market. The market can be broadly split into two segments: dry/nasal snuff and chewing tobacco.
- Per capita sales are equivalent to less than 0.1g per person.
- No production of smokeless tobacco is believed to be taking place in Spain at present.
- No excise is charged on smokeless tobacco products.
- Two companies dominated the market until recently. These are Belgian company Sifaco, which leads the chewing tobacco market, and German company Pöschl, which similarly dominates the dry/nasal snuff market. UK-based McChrystals entered the snuff market in 2011.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Executive Summary
- Market context
- Tobacco Products Market, Tons, %, 2007 & 2017
- Tobacco Products Market, Tons, 2007-2017
- Market size and structure
- Consumption of Smokeless Tobacco, 2007-2017
- Production and trade
- Imports of Smokeless Tobacco, 2003-2016
- Imports of Snuff by country of origin, Tons, 2016
- Import by Snuff by country of origin, Tons, 2006-2016
- Import by Snuff by country of origin, Value, 2006-2016
- Taxation and retail prices
- Retail Prices: Chewing Tobacco, 2010-2017
- Retail Prices: Dry Snuff, 2010-2017
- Manufacturers and brands
- Tobacco Usership (Smoking v Smokeless) by Gender, 2011
- Operating Constraints
- Prospects and forecasts
- Health Warnings and Labelling Requirements