Market barriers affect just under a fifth of melanoma prescriptions. Is your brand losing out?
In the US, where market barriers affect just under a fifth of all melanoma prescriptions, the top brand has a significant lead over all other brands. Find out what’s driving its share gains, and what your brand can do to level the playing field in Market Access Impact: Melanoma (US) .
Based on a survey of 100 oncologists and dermato-oncologists, the report covers 8 major therapies from Amgen, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck & Co., Novartis, and Roche. Handy graphs and charts reveal which of the 7 different barriers cost your brand the most market share, and which ones help you take the most from competitors.
Not your market? Click here to see the US Edition.
- Barriers affect just under a fifth of all prescriptions: But cost and market access barriers affect more prescriptions than all others barriers combined.
- Only one brand sees a significant share increase: Four brands gain share thanks to barriers, but the top-gaining brand sees a much bigger bump than the other three.
- Two brands see significant losses: The two least prescribed brands each lose nearly 2% of their market share because of barriers.
- Eliminating barriers would nudge two brands up in the rankings: the third-place brand would move up to second place and the eighth-place brand would edge out “other” brands’ aggregate score.
- Only half of the surveyed brands are widely prescribed: More than 70% of surveyed doctors prescribe the top four brands, but only 30-60% prescribe the bottom three.
- Three brands have perception problems: Up to nearly 20% of surveyed doctors either would not prescribe, or are not aware of these brands.
- Cotellic (cobimetinib; Roche)
- Imlygic (talimogene laherparepvec; Amgen)
- Keytruda (pembrolizumab; Merck & Co.)
- Mekinist (trametinib; Novartis)
- Opdivo (nivolumab; Bristol-Myers Squibb)
- Tafinlar (dabrafenib; Novartis)
- Yervoy (ipilimumab; Bristol-Myers Squibb)
- Zelboraf (vemurafenib; Roche)
How barriers affect market access:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
- Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
We surveyed 100 US-based medical oncologists and dermato-oncologists, chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world. All respondents have:P5
- Have been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients in total in the last month
Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown