Market barriers affect 12% of ulcerative colitis prescriptions. Is your brand losing out?
In the EU5, market barriers affect 12% of all ulcerative colitis prescriptions, with the top brand way ahead of its two rivals that are in 2nd and 3rd place. Find out how eliminating barriers would shake up the top and middle of the market, and help the last place brand double its share in Market Access Impact: Ulcerative Colitis (EU5) .
Based on a survey of 150 gastroenterologists, the report covers 7 major therapies from Takeda, AbbVie, Merck Sharp & Dohme, Biogen, Napp/Mundipharma and Pfizer. Handy graphs and charts reveal which of the 7 different barriers cost your brand the most market share, and which ones help you take the most from competitors.
- Barriers affect just over 10% of all prescriptions: But three barriers in particular affect more prescriptions than the others.
- Market access is not the problem: Barriers related to market access affect far fewer prescriptions than either of the top two barriers. What are they and what can be done about them?
- Four brands gain share: But the most prescribed brand sees a sharper net gain than any other brand.
- One brand loses big: Despite being prescribed by over 90% of doctors, one brand loses far more market share than any competitor.
- Eliminating barriers would close the rankings: By removing certain barriers, the lowest ranked brand would move into 3rd place, jumping ahead of its rivals. Is this your brand?
- Four brands have a perception problem: Between 7-13% of surveyed doctors didn’t even know these four brands exist.
- Entyvio (vedolizumab, Takeda)
- Humira (adalimumab; AbbVie)
- Flixabi (infliximab; Biogen)
- Inflectra (infliximab; Pfizer)
- Remicade (infliximab; Merck Sharp & Dohme)
- Remsima (infliximab; Napp/Mundipharma)
- Simponi (golimumab; Merck Sharp & Dohme)
Market Access Impact: Ulcerative Colitis (EU5) explores key issues affecting Ulcerative Colitis drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:
How barriers affect market access:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
- Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
We surveyed 150 gastroenterologists—30 from each EU5 country (France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK)—chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world.
All respondents have:
- Been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients with Ulcerative Colitis in total in the last month