This edition presents key opinion leader (KOL) views on recent developments in the non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) market. Topics covered include: the success of the Phase III KEYNOTE-189 trial of Merck & Co.’s Keytruda (pembrolizumab), in combination with chemotherapy, for the first-line treatment of patients with metastatic NSCLC in meeting its co-primary endpoints of overall survival (OS) and progression-free survival (PFS); the presentation of positive data from the Phase III IMpower150 trial of Roche’s Tecentriq (atezolizumab) and Avastin (bevacizumab) plus chemotherapy in the first-line treatment of advanced non-squamous NSCLC at the ESMO Immuno Oncology Congress 2017; Bristol-Myers Squibb’s (BMS’) CheckMate-227 Phase III trial of Opdivo (nivolumab) in combination with ipilimumab (Yervoy) for the first-line treatment of advanced NSCLC with high tumour mutational burden (TMB) meeting its co-primary endpoint of PFS.
- Will the KEYNOTE-189 trial change the first-line treatment paradigm for NSCLC?
- To what extent is Keytruda in combination with chemotherapy already used in the US as a first-line treatment for advanced NSCLC?
- What key data will convince oncologists to incorporate Keytruda plus chemotherapy into standard first-line treatment practice?
- How do KOLs view the initial data released from the Phase III IMpower150 trial of Roche’s Tecentriq (atezolizumab) in combination with Avastin (bevacizumab) and chemotherapy?
- Which key data will be essential in order for Tecentriq/Avastin/chemotherapy to be incorporated into first-line treatment?
- How do KOLs view the toxicity of Tecentriq/Avastin/chemotherapy and how is it perceived in comparison to that of the KEYNOTE-189 regimen?
- How do KOLs view the likely uptake of Tecentriq/Avastin/chemotherapy versus Keytruda/chemotherapy in the first-line setting and why?
- How do KOLs react to the news of the improvement in PFS in BMS’ CheckMate-227 trial of Opdivo plus ipilimumab?
- What expectations do KOLs hold in terms of the OS outcome from the CheckMate-227 trial?
- How do KOLs view the use of high TMB as a biomarker for the use of Opdivo/ipilimumab and what could enhance its successful incorporation into clinical practice?
- How do KOLs view the potential future role of Opdivo/ipilimumab combination therapy in the first-line treatment of NSCLC?