Market barriers affect a fifth of melanoma prescriptions. Is your brand losing out?
In the EU5, market barriers affect a fifth of all melanoma prescriptions, giving the top brand a narrow lead over two rivals that are in
2nd and 3rd place. Find out how eliminating barriers would shake up the top and middle of the market, and help the last place brand double its
share in Market Access Impact: Melanoma (EU5) .
Based on a survey of 150 oncologists and dermato-oncologists, the report covers 8 major therapies from Amgen, Bristol-Myers Squibb,
Merck Sharp & Dohme, Novartis, and Roche. Handy graphs and charts reveal which of the 7 different barriers cost your brand the most market share,
and which ones help you take the most from competitors.
Not your market? Click here to see the US Edition.
- Barriers affect a fifth of all prescriptions: But two barriers in particular affect more prescriptions than the others.
- Market access is not the problem: Barriers related to market access affect far fewer prescriptions than either of the top two barriers.
- Four brands gain share: But the most prescribed brand sees a significantly larger net gain than any other brand.
- One brand loses big: The least-prescribed brand loses far more market share than any competitor, and suffers disproportionately from four of the seven barriers.
- Eliminating barriers would shake up the rankings: Moving one brand into second place, shuffling the order in the middle of the pack, and doubling share for the last-place brand.
- One brand has a big perception problem: Nearly 15% of surveyed doctors didn’t even know it existed.
- Cotellic (cobimetinib; Roche)
- Imlygic (talimogene laherparepvec; Amgen)
- Keytruda (pembrolizumab; Merck Sharp & Dohme)
- Mekinist (trametinib; Novartis)
- Opdivo (nivolumab; Bristol-Myers Squibb)
- Tafinlar (dabrafenib; Novartis)
- Yervoy (ipilimumab; Bristol-Myers Squibb)
- Zelboraf (vemurafenib; Roche)
How barriers affect market access:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
- Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
We surveyed 150 medical oncologists and dermato-oncologists—30 from each EU5 country (France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK)—chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world. All respondents have:
- Have been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients in total in the last month