Market barriers affect just over a fifth of psoriasis prescriptions. Is your brand losing out?
In the EU5, market barriers affect just over a fifth of all psoriasis prescriptions, with the top brand way ahead of its two rivals that are in 2nd and 3rd place. Find out how eliminating barriers would shake up the top and middle of the market, and help the last place brand double its share in Market Access Impact: Psoriasis (EU5) .
Based on a survey of 150 dermatologists, the report covers 10 major therapies from Novartis, AbbVie, Celgene, Leo Pharma, Janssen Cilag, Biogen, Pfizer and Eli Lilly. Handy graphs and charts reveal which of the 7 different barriers cost your brand the most market share, and which ones help you take the most from competitors.
- Barriers affect just over a fifth of all prescriptions: But two barriers in particular affect more prescriptions than the others.
- Market access is not the problem: Barriers related to market access affect far fewer prescriptions than either of the top two barriers. What are they and what can be done about them?
- Three brands gain share: But the most prescribed brand sees a significantly larger net gain than any other brand.
- One brand loses big: One of the least-prescribed brands loses far more market share than any competitor, and suffers disproportionately from three of the seven barriers.
- Eliminating barriers would close the gaps, but not the rankings: By removing certain barriers, certain brands could improve market share and get closer to rivals. What do you need to do for your brand, and what difference would it make?
- Two brands have a perception problem: Just over 10% of surveyed doctors didn’t even know these two brands exist.
- Benepali (etanercept; Biogen)
- Cosentyx (secukinumab; Novartis)
- Enbrel (etanercept; Pfizer)
- Erelzi (etanercept; Sandoz)
- Humira (adalimumab; AbbVie)
- Kyntheum (brodalumab; Leo Pharma)
- Otezla (apremilast; Celgene)
- Stelara (ustekinumab; Janssen Cilag)
- Taltz (ixekizumab; Eli Lilly)
- Tremfya (guselkumab; Janssen Cilag)
Market Access Impact: Psoriasis (EU5) explores key issues affecting Psoriasis drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:
How barriers affect market access:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
- Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
We surveyed 150 dermatologists—30 from each EU5 country (France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK)—chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world.
- Have been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients in total in the last month