Market barriers affect 15% of ulcerative colitis prescriptions. Is your brand losing out?
In the US, where market barriers affect 15% of all ulcerative colitis prescriptions, the top two brands have a significant lead over all other brands. Find out what’s driving its share gains, and what your brand can do to level the playing field in Market Access Impact: Ulcerative Colitis (US) .
Based on a survey of 100 gastroenterologists, the report covers 6 major therapies from Takeda, AbbVie, Merck & Co., Pfizer and Janssen Biotech. Handy graphs and charts reveal which of the 7 different barriers cost your brand the most market share, and which ones help you take the most from competitors.
- Barriers affect 15% of all prescriptions: But is it cost, formulary issues or some other barrier combinations that cause the most amount of pain?
- Two brands see significant share increases: 2 brands gain share thanks to barriers, but the top-gaining brand sees a much bigger bump than the brand in 2nd place.
- One brands sees a significant loss: Despite being prescribed by over 90% of physicians, one brand loses over 4% of their market share because of barriers. Why? And can this be prevented?
- Eliminating barriers would close the gap at the top: The leading brand relies on other brands losing out. Removing these barriers would have an impact on market share for two leading brands. Are they yours, or one of your competitors?
- One brand has a perception problem: Nearly 10% of surveyed doctors would not prescribe a specific brand, leaving other brands to capture market share.
- Entyvio (vedolizumab, Takeda)
- Humira (adalimumab; AbbVie)
- Renflexis (infliximab-abda; Merck & Co.)
- Inflectra (infliximab-dyyb; Pfizer)
- Remicade (infliximab; Janssen Biotech)
- Simponi (golimumab; Janssen Biotech)
Market Access Impact: Ulcerative Colitis (US)  explores key issues affecting Ulcerative Colitis drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:
How barriers affect market access:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
- Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
We surveyed 100 US-based gastroenterologists, chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world.
All respondents have:
- Been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients with Ulcerative Colitis in total in the last month