1 of 2
Market barriers affect nearly 30% of psoriasis prescriptions. Is your brand losing out?
In the US, where market barriers affect nearly 30% of all psoriasis prescriptions, the top brand has a significant lead over all other brands. Find out what’s driving its share gains, and what your brand can do to level the playing field in Market Access Impact: Psoriasis (US) .
Based on a survey of 100 dermatologists, the report covers 8 major therapies from Amgen, Novartis, AbbVie, Celgene, Valeant, Janssen Biotech and Eli Lilly. Handy graphs and charts reveal which of the 7 different barriers cost your brand the most market share, and which ones help you take the most from competitors.
- Barriers affect nearly 30% of all prescriptions: But is it cost, formulary issues or some other barrier combinations that cause the most amount of pain?
- Only one brand sees a significant share increase: 3 brands gain share thanks to barriers, but the top-gaining brand sees a much bigger bump than the other two.
- Two brands see significant losses: One of the least prescribed brands loses nearly 4% of their market share because of barriers. Why? And can this be prevented?
- Eliminating barriers would close the gap at the top: The leading brand relies on other brands losing out. Removing these barriers would have a massive impact on market share for two brands. Are they yours, or one of your competitors?
- One brand has a perception problem: Nearly a fifth of surveyed doctors would not prescribe a specific brand, leaving other brands to capture market share.
- Cosentyx (secukinumab; Novartis)
- Enbrel (etanercept; Amgen)
- Humira (adalimumab; AbbVie)
- Otezla (apremilast; Celgene)
- Siliq (brodalumab; Valeant)
- Stelara (ustekinumab; Janssen Biotech)
- Taltz (ixekizumab; Eli Lilly)
- Tremfya (guselkumab; Janssen Biotech)
Market Access Impact: Psoriasis (US) explores key issues affecting Psoriasis drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:
How barriers affect market access:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
- Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
We surveyed 100 US-based dermatologists, chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world.
- Have been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients in total in the last month
Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown
3 of 2