Straightforward and no-nonsense this course enables you to get straight to the hearts of financial issues, demystifies financial information and gives you confidence and control when making financial decisions.
This two-day overview course has won praise for the straightforward way in which it untangles the web of mystery that surrounds financial and management accounting in the eyes of many non-financial managers. By so doing it enables them to understand and manage the impact of their decisions on business results, interact more productively with their finance--based coleagues and exert greater infulence on decision makin gint ther organisation.
Small classroom based type workshops witht he opton for 1-2-1 tuition at our Central London training centre.
* Please contact us for a specific date that you require *
- profit and loss accounts and how to understand them
- reading an income and expenditure account and analysing the finance flows within your organisation
- cash and accruals accounting showing how each is used
- terminology associated with income and expenditure accounting
- communicating effectively with finance professionals
- analysing trends in financial flows and formulating appropriate questions
- reading a balance sheet and analysing the financial position of the organisation
- how an asset register is used
- analysing your accounts
- constructing a cash flow statement from narrative information
- the different rules for charity accounting under the Charity SORP and the presentation of company and housing association accounts
- the budgeting process
- how budgeting relates to strategic objectives and good governance
- constructing a budget
- estimating costs and income accurately for budget purposes
- using management accounts to understand the past and forecast the future
- cost centres – understanding how they are used in your organisation
- nominal, purchase and sales ledgers
- using benchmarking in constructing a budget
- distinguishing between fixed and variable costs
- using the concepts of break-even pricing
- a template to forecast the effects of changing costs, sales volume and price
- evaluating opportunity costs
- a year of free support
This course is for managers, board members and budget holders across all sectors who need to know about organisational finance to help improve the profitability and performance of their business. Finance skills for non-financial managers are suitable for people who have little or no knowledge of finance.
Venue to be announced shortly.