This report provides a comprehensive statistical picture of the regional medical technology market from a national perspective using the latest data and expert analysis. The report covers the top ten markets by estimated US dollar value in 2018 and provides robust forecasts to 2023 for key technology/device sectors.
Prospects for the medtech sector have generally been very positive in the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region over the past decade. The market is estimated at US$9.3 billion in 2018, compared with US$3.7 billion in 2006. This represents an annual average rise of 8.5% over the period. Expenditure per person, while low by Western standards, has doubled to US$23.
The markets of the region are at very different stages of development. The most advanced health sectors are found in Israel and the oil/gas rich Gulf States of Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates. The north African states generally have a lower level of spending, but have also experienced rapid rises in medtech investment, despite ongoing political instability. MedTech Markets projects that the MENA market will reach US$12.2 billion by 2023, equal to US$28 per capita.
Rich in statistics, charts and tables, this cost-effective report and data set is a complete one-stop review of critical top line decision-support data. It provides a compelling and detailed market assessment for key medical device/technology manufacturers, financial/investment analysts and service providers.
Use this report to:
- Profile sales and export opportunities
- Knowledgeably plan for expansion in specific countries
- Fully understand market trends and manage risk
- Underpin manufacture and marketing investment decisions
- Appreciate market environments when reviewing/appointing sales agents and representatives
- Benchmark key performance indicators
Market and per capita value in US$ 2014-2023, for:
- Dentistry: Artificial Teeth, Dental Cements, Dental Drills, Dental Implants, Dental Instruments, Dental X-Ray Apparatus, Dental Chairs
- Diagnostic Imaging: CT Scanners, Contrast Media, ECGs, Medical X-Ray Apparatus, MRI Apparatus, Scintigraphic Apparatus, Ultrasound Apparatus
- Disability Aids: Hearing Aids, Orthopaedic Patient Aids, Pacemakers, Wheelchairs
- Medical Consumables: Catheters & Cannulae, Medical Dressings, Medical Needles, Ostomy Products, Sterile Surgical Materials, Surgical Gloves, Syringes, First Aid Kits, Gel Preparations, Laboratory Diagnostics
- Orthopaedic Products: Artificial Joints, Artificial Body Parts
- General Instruments and Equipment: ABC Ray Apparatus, Electromedical Apparatus, Hospital Furniture, Ophthalmic Instruments, Oxygen Therapy Apparatus, Sterilisation Equipment, UV/IR Equipment