This report provides a comprehensive statistical picture of the regional medical technology market from a national perspective using the latest data and expert analysis. The report covers the top ten markets by estimated US dollar value in 2018 and provides robust forecasts to 2023 for key technology/device sectors.
Sub-Saharan Africa represents a market of great, if as yet untapped, potential. Medtech spending is estimated at US$2.0 billion in 2018, equal to only US$3 per person. The challenge for healthcare sectors is to boost spending to provide ever more comprehensive services to rapidly growing populations.
The regional market is dominated by South Africa, which accounts for around 40% of the total value and has a per person spending level nearly ten times higher than the regional average. Opportunities exist across the region, however. It is estimated that the African market will rise to US$2.5 billion by 2023, equal to annual average growth of 4.7%. This will take per person spending to US$4; only a small rise due to population growth.
Rich in statistics, charts and tables, this cost-effective report and data set is a complete one-stop review of critical top line decision-support data. It provides a compelling and detailed market assessment for key medical device/technology manufacturers, financial/investment analysts and service providers.
Use this report to:
- Profile sales and export opportunities
- Knowledgeably plan for expansion in specific countries
- Fully understand market trends and manage risk
- Underpin manufacture and marketing investment decisions
- Appreciate market environments when reviewing/appointing sales agents and representatives
- Benchmark key performance indicators
Market and per capita value in US$ 2014-2023, for:
- Dentistry: Artificial Teeth, Dental Cements, Dental Drills, Dental Implants, Dental Instruments, Dental X-Ray Apparatus, Dental Chairs
- Diagnostic Imaging: CT Scanners, Contrast Media, ECGs, Medical X-Ray Apparatus, MRI Apparatus, Scintigraphic Apparatus, Ultrasound Apparatus
- Disability Aids: Hearing Aids, Orthopaedic Patient Aids, Pacemakers, Wheelchairs
- Medical Consumables: Catheters & Cannulae, Medical Dressings, Medical Needles, Ostomy Products, Sterile Surgical Materials, Surgical Gloves, Syringes, First Aid Kits, Gel Preparations, Laboratory Diagnostics
- Orthopaedic Products: Artificial Joints, Artificial Body Parts
- General Instruments and Equipment: ABC Ray Apparatus, Electromedical Apparatus, Hospital Furniture, Ophthalmic Instruments, Oxygen Therapy Apparatus, Sterilisation Equipment, UV/IR Equipment