This report provides a comprehensive statistical picture of the regional medical technology market from a national perspective using the latest data and expert analysis. The report covers the top ten markets by estimated US dollar value in 2018 and provides robust forecasts to 2023 for key technology/device sectors.
The European market amounts to US$72.3 billion in 2018, equal to US$178 per person. The market has grown by an average of 3.8% per year in the 2007-2018 period. For 2018-2023, this is projected to be a little lower at 3% per year. This will take the market to US$83.8 billion in 2023, equal to US$202 per person.
While growth is lower than elsewhere in the world, Europe is still home to some of the most advanced and best-funded healthcare systems. For example, Germany is the leading European market in 2018, with medtech spending estimated at US$23.9 billion, equal to an above-average US$287 per person.
Rich in statistics, charts and tables, this cost-effective report and data set is a complete one-stop review of critical top line decision-support data. It provides a compelling and detailed market assessment for key medical device/technology manufacturers, financial/investment analysts and service providers.
Use this report to:
- Profile sales and export opportunities
- Knowledgeably plan for expansion in specific countries
- Fully understand market trends and manage risk
- Underpin manufacture and marketing investment decisions
- Appreciate market environments when reviewing/appointing sales agents and representatives
- Benchmark key performance indicators
Market and per capita value in US$ 2014-2023, for:
- Dentistry: Artificial Teeth, Dental Cements, Dental Drills, Dental Implants, Dental Instruments, Dental X-Ray Apparatus, Dental Chairs
- Diagnostic Imaging: CT Scanners, Contrast Media, ECGs, Medical X-Ray Apparatus, MRI Apparatus, Scintigraphic Apparatus, Ultrasound Apparatus
- Disability Aids: Hearing Aids, Orthopaedic Patient Aids, Pacemakers, Wheelchairs
- Medical Consumables: Catheters & Cannulae, Medical Dressings, Medical Needles, Ostomy Products, Sterile Surgical Materials, Surgical Gloves, Syringes, First Aid Kits, Gel Preparations, Laboratory Diagnostics
- Orthopaedic Products: Artificial Joints, Artificial Body Parts
- General Instruments and Equipment: ABC Ray Apparatus, Electromedical Apparatus, Hospital Furniture, Ophthalmic Instruments, Oxygen Therapy Apparatus, Sterilisation Equipment, UV/IR Equipment