1h Free Analyst TimeThe State of the Industry: Exploring the strategic issues, overarching trends, and future of the tourism industry as a whole
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
"The State of the Industry", report explores the strategic issues and overarching trends impacting the industry, and the future of Tourism as a whole.
This report provides an insight into the strategic issues that are changing the face of Tourism, with a deep dive into the market trends and themes that are being seen as a result. The report provides a detailed analysis of the consumer sentiment that drives these trends, and predicts what will happen next. Actionable insights and real world examples are provided for each strategic issue.
- According to the consumer survey Q4-2017, those who say they are going on more 'destination-felxible' trips (such as sun and beach, wellness, and multi-stop trips) are more likely to reconsider destinations based on perceived risk. Over half all of all 'flexible' travelers agree.
- 72% of those likely to book a city break would also consider booking peer to peer accommodation, according to the consumer survey Q4-16, adding to the impact of overtourism in key city hotspots.
Reasons to buy
- Uncover the four strategic issues driving all change within the Tourism industry.
- Learn how to capitalize on key trends like overtourism, technological evolution, and niche tourism.
- Understand the consumer behaviors underpinning the future of the industry.
Table of Contents1. Overview
2. Industry Drivers
- Strategic issues
- Consumer drivers
3. Market Trends and Themes
- Low cost carrier evolution
- Emerging market growth
- Fear and risk
- Technological evolution
- Niche tourism
- Trends and themes in action
4. Forecasts and Opportunities
- Terminology and definitions
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Norwegian Air
- Royal Caribbean
- US Department of State
- Intrepid Travel
- Visit Greece
- Responsible Travel