"The State of the Industry", report explores the strategic issues and overarching trends impacting the industry, and the future of Tourism as a whole.
This report provides an insight into the strategic issues that are changing the face of Tourism, with a deep dive into the market trends and themes that are being seen as a result. The report provides a detailed analysis of the consumer sentiment that drives these trends, and predicts what will happen next. Actionable insights and real world examples are provided for each strategic issue.
- According to the consumer survey Q4-2017, those who say they are going on more 'destination-felxible' trips (such as sun and beach, wellness, and multi-stop trips) are more likely to reconsider destinations based on perceived risk. Over half all of all 'flexible' travelers agree.
- 72% of those likely to book a city break would also consider booking peer to peer accommodation, according to the consumer survey Q4-16, adding to the impact of overtourism in key city hotspots.
- Uncover the four strategic issues driving all change within the Tourism industry.
- Learn how to capitalize on key trends like overtourism, technological evolution, and niche tourism.
- Understand the consumer behaviors underpinning the future of the industry.
2. Industry Drivers
- Strategic issues
- Consumer drivers
- Low cost carrier evolution
- Emerging market growth
- Fear and risk
- Technological evolution
- Niche tourism
- Trends and themes in action
- Terminology and definitions