Nordea is transforming itself by launching in-house solutions and creating partnerships to access external talent. It is investing in technology, simplifying its core banking platform for better efficiency and profitability, and accelerating its development of digital solutions.
In 2016, Nordea launched “Group Digital” unit, which oversees Nordea’s digital strategies globally. In the same year, Nordea also launched the “Startup & Growth” unit, that partners VC funds, business angels, and accelerators, to develop flexible loan solutions for start-ups and growth companies across Finland.
Nordea is organizing and partnering various accelerator programs across the Nordic region, to interact and collaborate with start-ups.
The report provides information and insights into Nordea's Fintech activities, including:
- Insights of its fintech strategies
- Overview of fintech investments covering investment size and technology
- Insights on key investments including details of the company and its business description
- Details of various accelerator programs, partnerships, in-house launches, and other industry engagement programs.
- Nordea's Startup & Growth unit offered €250m worth of loans to 1,300 start-ups in Finland, in 2017.
- Nordea has launched AI-enabled chatbots and robots to support the customer service team in its Life & Pension division.
- Mobile has been a key channel of innovation for Nordea, especially in the world of payments.
- Gain insights into Nordea’s fintech operations.
- Gain insights into its fintech strategy and investment portfolio.
- Gain insights into Nordea's product launches, investments, and partnership strategies.
2. Nordea Digital Evolution, 2012-17
3. FinTech Strategy
a) Digital Transformation
b) Product Launches
c) Investment Division
d) Accelerator Programs
e) Industry Engagement
4. Investor-Partner Network Map
5. Innovation Initiatives
6. Key People