Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is a widespread Gram-positive bacterium spread through direct contact with infected individuals. It is characterized by multiple drug resistance to beta-lactam antibiotics, including methicillin, penicillin, and oxacillin.
The MRSA pipeline features 226 products across all stages of clinical development, with the heaviest development in Discovery and Preclinical stages. Emerging early-stage pipeline products include cytolysins, synthetic peptides, and monoclonal antibodies (mAbs). MRSA is the sixth most investigated indication within infectious diseases with 875 clinical trials, trailing malaria (1,160) and influenza (1,603). HIV is first with 5,234 trials.
Overall, the author expects new drug approvals and key patent expiries to drive MRSA market growth over the next decade (2016-2026).
In particular, this report provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Pipeline Assessment-regional breakdown, promising late-stage products, early-stage pipeline by molecule type
- Clinical Trials Assessment-trial breakdown by phase, leading industry and non-industry sponsors, enrollment analytics
- Commercial Assessment-leading marketed products, current and future players
- Competitive Landscape Analysis-key market events (2016-2026)
The Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA): Competitive Landscape to 2026 combines data from the Pharma Intelligence Center with in-house analyst expertise to provide a competitive assessment of the disease marketplace.
Components of the slide deck include:
- Pipeline Assessment: regional breakdown, promising late-stage products, early-stage pipeline by molecule type
- Clinical Trials Assessment: trial breakdown by phase, leading industry and non-industry sponsors, enrollment analytics
- Commercial Assessment: leading marketed products, current and future players
- Competitive Landscape Analysis: key market events (2016-2026).
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global MRSA market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global MRSA market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
2. Executive Summary
2.2 Key Findings
2.2 Key Events
3.1 Report Scope
3.2 Disease Overview and Epidemiology
4. Pipeline Assessment
4.1 Pipeline Overview
4.2 Pipeline Breakdown by Region/Country
4.3 Pipeline Breakdown by Molecule Type and Target
4.4 Drug Review Designations
4.5 Products in Clinical Development
5. Clinical Trial Assessment
5.1 Clinical Trials Overview
5.2 Top Sponsors of Clinical Trials in MRSA
5.3 Trial Breakdown by Region
5.4 Therapy Area Perspective
5.5 Enrollment Analytics
6 Commercial Assessment
6.1 Leading Marketed Products
6.2 Current & Future Players
7. Competitive Landscape Analysis (2016-2026)
7.1 Events Classification Overview
7.4 Japan and China
8.3 Key Events Included in the Analysis
- Merck & Co.
- The Medicines Company
- Theravance Biopharma
- Kyorin Pharmaceuticals
- Melinta Therapeutics
- Atox Bio Ltd
- Paratek Pharmaceuticals
- Bayer AG
- Nabriva Therapeutics
- Motif BioSciences
- Melinta Therapeutics
- MicuRx Pharmaceuticals
- Citius Pharmaceuticals
- TaiGen Biotechnology
- Basilea Pharmaceuticals