This report provides a comprehensive statistical picture of the regional medical technology market from a national perspective using the latest data and expert analysis. The report covers the top ten markets by estimated US dollar value in 2018 and provides robust forecasts to 2023 for key technology/device sectors.
The Latin American market grew rapidly until 2011, when it reached US$11,136 million, equal to US$22 per person. This equated to average annual growth of 15.2% during the 2008-11 period. Since then, the market has stagnated, due to a combination of weak domestic demand, political volatility in some markets and depreciating domestic currencies against the US dollar.
Since 2016, however, there has been a return to growth. It is projected that average annual growth will be 5.3% in the 2018-2023 period. This will take the market to US$14,569 million by 2023, equal to US$26 per person. The previous market high in 2011 of US$22 per person will be regained by 2020.
Rich in statistics, charts and tables, this cost-effective report and data set is a complete one-stop review of critical top line decision-support data. It provides a compelling and detailed market assessment for key medical device/technology manufacturers, financial/investment analysts and service providers.
Use this report to:
- Profile sales and export opportunities
- Knowledgeably plan for expansion in specific countries
- Fully understand market trends and manage risk
- Underpin manufacture and marketing investment decisions
- Appreciate market environments when reviewing/appointing sales agents and representatives
- Benchmark key performance indicators
Market and per capita value in US$ 2014-2023, for:
- Dentistry: Artificial Teeth, Dental Cements, Dental Drills, Dental Implants, Dental instruments, Dental X-Ray Apparatus, Dental Chairs
- Diagnostic Imaging: CT Scanners, Contrast Media, ECGs, Medical X-Ray Apparatus, MRI Apparatus, Scintigraphic Apparatus, Ultrasound Apparatus
- Disability Aids: Hearing Aids, Orthopaedic Patient Aids, Pacemakers, Wheelchairs
- Medical Consumables: Catheters & Cannulae, Medical Dressings, Medical Needles, Ostomy Products, Sterile Surgical Materials, Surgical Gloves, Syringes, First Aid Kits, Gel Preparations, Laboratory Diagnostics
- Orthopaedic Products: Artificial Joints, Artificial Body Parts
- General Instruments and Equipment: ABC Ray Apparatus, Electromedical Apparatus, Hospital Furniture, Ophthalmic Instruments, Oxygen Therapy Apparatus, Sterilisation Equipment, UV/IR Equipment