The target market for premium helmets constitutes people who have relatively high disposable income and ride motorcycles for recreational or leisure activities. As such, the developed markets, Europe, North America, and Japan are the major markets for premium helmets worldwide. Recent studies have found a direct correlation between the price of the helmet and the safety it provides. Premium motorcycle helmets are comparatively high priced and are made of a superior-quality material, which is much more comfortable for the rider compared to the material used in basic helmets, and a few are equipped with various features such as Bluetooth and GPS. Premium motorcycle helmets are made of materials such as carbon fibre, as it is lightweight and provides high tensile strength. Also, globally, the demand for premium helmets is increasing because of an increase in the number of riders. By 2018, the number of motorcycles expected to be sold in Western Europe alone around 415,000 units. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR close to 7% during the forecast period.
The following are the drivers of the premium motorcycle helmets market:
- Increase in sales of luxury motorcycles globally
- Rise in conscious riders with disposable incomes in emerging countries
- Increased adoption of motorcycle riding(cruising) as a hobby
- Strict enforcement of helmet laws across nations
In the emerging markets that constitute the bulk of the motorcycle sales, the trend is slowly changing. The entry of affordable bigger capacity bikes in the last decade has changed the market. So now the consumers in emerging markets can buy 300-400 cc bikes at relatively affordable prices. The entry of iconic bike brands such as Harley Davidson, Ducati, and Aprilia has helped the market grow. Harley-Davidson opened its only manufacturing plant outside of North America in India and has started rolling out locally manufactured bikes at relatively affordable prices. BMW Motorcycles has tied up with TVS Motors of India to locally manufacture and export bikes. Women, who are more safety conscious than male riders provide a new market for the motorcycle industry. Cruising has become a culture along trials like Philadelphia. These trends will change the market landscape and the premium motorcycle helmet market will boom. The Asia-Pacific region, backed by a widening consumer base, is expected to lead the growth in the market in the premium motorcycle helmet segment but the base will be very low as the current market is very small.
The premium motorcycle helmets market is segmented by the material used in the making of helmets as Kevlar, Carbon Fiber, Fiber Glass, Plastics. By geography, the market is segmented as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Africa & Middle East. Europe is the largest market worldwide because of the continuous rise in the motorcycle permits in several European countries. Asia- Pacific is forecasted to be the fastest growing markets followed by China and India.
The market is growing at a very rapid pace and with rise in technological innovation, competition and M&A activities in the industry many local and regional vendors are offering specific application products for varied end-users. Head-up displays are becoming increasingly common in cars and motorcycle helmets, and are also being offered by third-party manufacturers. These devices give the rider/commuter easy access to information including navigation, speed, weather, road hazards, and more. Motorcycle Helmet Heads-up Display market is forecasted to grow at CAGR of 12.34% from 2017-2023.
Key Developments in Market:
- March 2018: Stringent helmets rules implemented in Australia. Cyclists riding without a helmet in NSW to pay a fine of USD319.
- February 2018: 6D Helmets unveiled its all-new ATR-2 off-road motorcycle helmet. ODS technology set new standards in helmets for racer athletes.
- February 2018: AptEner Technologies, a Bangalore-based startup is now selling the BluSnap, a helmet cooler that can fit any full face helmet.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Detailed analysis on the product type that is expected to dominate the market
- Detailed analysis on the regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service team, who will ensure you get a report that suits your need.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Executive Summary
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Phases
3. MARKET OVERVIEW AND TRENDS
3.2 Market Trends
3.3 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Degree of Competition
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increase in sales of luxury motorcycles globally
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Rising Cost of Performance of Motorcycle Helmets
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3.1 Increased Adoption of Motorcycle Riding (Cruising) as a Hobby
4.3.2 Other Opportunities
5. PREMIUM MOTORCYCLE HELMET MARKET SEGMENTATION - BY TYPE
5.1 Full Face
5.2 Open Face
5.3 Flip up
6. PREMIUM MOTORCYCLE HELMET MARKET SEGMENTATION – BY MATERIAL TYPE
6.2 Fiber Glass
6.3 Carbon Fiber
7. PREMIUM MOTORCYCLE HELMET MARKET SEGMENTATION – BY END USER
8. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.1.4 Rest of North America
8.2 South America
8.2.3 Rest of South America
8.3.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.4.1 United Kingdom
8.4.4 Rest of Europe
8.5 Africa and the Middle East
8.5.2 South Africa
8.5.4 Rest of Middle East and Africa
9. Competitive Landscape
9.2 Market Share Analysis
10. Company Profiles
10.2 Arai Helmet
10.3 Bell Motor Company
10.4 HJC Helmets
10.5 Lazer Helmets
10.7 Nitro Racing
10.7 Nolan Helmets
10.8 Schuberth GmbH
10.9 Shark Helmets
11. Future Outlook of the Market