The smart healthcare market is poised to grow at an exponential rate owing to the rapid technological advancements in the healthcare IT, such as development of EHR, mhealth, and telemedicine. Also, wearable healthcare devices that are used in tracking and monitoring of health conditions, body temperature, remote cardiac, calories burnt, and sleep statistics are witnessing huge growth. Introduction of technologies such as big data analytics within this sector will drive the prospects for the growth of the healthcare market.
Rapid Technological Advancements are Driving Market Growth
The key factors driving the global smart healthcare market are the rapid technological advancements in the healthcare industry. The development of smart healthcare devices such as smart syringes, smart pills, and smart bandages that are capable of monitoring patient’s healing procedure remotely and minimize the risks involved during the usage of syringes are expected to drive the market growth over the forecast period. However, lack of awareness and constraints related to budget are the factors restraining the growth of the market.
mHealth is Expected to Grow Exponentially over the Forecast Period
The mHealth segment is expected to witness a high growth rate owing to key elements that are leading to its fast development, such as its ability to provide information about the factors that are leading to a disease and reduce overall health risks, rising frequencies of unending infections, for example, tumor, heart diseases, and diabetes. Also, swift advancement and expanding buying power of consumers has brought about proliferation of PDAs, alongside 3G and 4G systems, which is expected to be an essential achievement factor for the development of the worldwide mHealth market.
North America is the Major Contributor for the Market
The North American market is the highest contributor to smart healthcare owing to the presence of developed IT and healthcare infrastructure and high expenditure on healthcare. The US is the major contributor to the North American market, because of early adoption and huge investment. The Asia-Pacific market is the fastest growing smart healthcare market and is expected to grow at a faster pace during the forecast period as compared to other regions.
Key Developments in the Market
- November 2017 - Cisco and INTERPOL agreed to share threat intelligence as a first step in fighting cybercrimes jointly. This alliance is expected to witness two organizations develop a coordinated and focused approach towards sharing data.
- November 2017 - IBM acquired Vivant Digital Business to address the growing needs of clients seeking transformation though Digital Reinvention.
Reasons to Purchase the Repor:t
- Current and future smart healthcare market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Insights
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Industry Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.2.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Market Dynamics
5.1 Factors Driving the Market
5.1.1 Rapid Technological Advancements
5.1.2 Growing Investments in Healthcare
5.2 Factors Restraining the Market
5.2.1 Budget Contraints and Poor Awareness Levels
6. Technology Snapshot
7. Global Smart Healthcare Segmentation
7.1 By Solution
7.1.4 Smart Pills
7.2 By Geography
7.2.1 North America
7.2.4 Middle East & Africa
7.2.5 Latin America
8. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
8.1 Cisco Systems Inc.
8.2 IBM Corporation
8.3 Given Imaging Inc.
8.4 Olympus Corporation
8.5 Logi-Tag Systems
8.6 Brooks Automation
8.7 STANLEY InnerSpace
8.8 Solstice Medical LLC
8.9 GE Healthcare Limited
8.10 Siemens Medical Solutions
8.11 McKesson Corp.
8.12 Allscripts Healthcare Solutions
8.13 Samsung Electronics Corporation
8.14 Cerner Corporation
8.15 Siemens Medical Solutions
8.16 Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH
8.17 Bollhoff Group
8.18 Hurst Green Plastics Ltd
*List not exhaustive
9. Investment Analysis
10. Outlook of the Market
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- Given Imaging Inc.
- Olympus Corporation
- Logi-Tag Systems
- Brooks Automation S.A.LEY InnerSpace
- Solstice Medical LLC
- GE Healthcare Limited
- Siemens Medical Solutions
- McKesson Corp.
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions
- Samsung Electronics Corporation
- Cerner Corporation
- Siemens Medical Solutions
- Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH
- Bollhoff Group
- Hurst Green Plastics Ltd