Resistive RAM is a type of non-volatile RAM. On power failure, Dynamic RAM loses all its unsaved content, where it is not the case with Resistive RAM.
Increase in connected devices and growing demand for enterprise storage are a few factors driving the growth of the market, where as high manufacturing costs is inhibiting its growth rate.
Increasing Demand of Connected Devices
Over the past few years, a significant increase in demand of connected devices, such as smart phones and wearables was seen. Resistive RAMs are used in these devices to increase the storage capacities. Moreover, with the upcoming of smart cities and smart homes, the connected devices are bound to increase, which, in turn, will increase the demand for resistive RAMs. Resistive RAMs have faster computing power as compared to ordinary RAMs, which will also increase its usage in devices, which requires faster computing, such as mobiles, tables, and many more.
Non-Volatile Dual In-line Memory Module (NVDIMM)
NVDIMM is a non-volatile solution that combines resistive RAM memory chips with controller and firmware. It delivers superior performance along with instant data recovery in case of power failure. NVDIMMs are most suited for cloud computing, mobile computing, data center, and many more.
Asia Pacific to Register the Highest Growth Rate
Asia Pacific is poised to register highest growth rate during the forecasted owing to growing connected devices and cloud computing market. Moreover, many organizations are establishing data centers in this region, which will also grow the demand of resistive RAM market. Developing nations, such as India, China, and Japan will drive the growth of the market in this region owing to increasing number of smart cities and growing infrastructure.
Key Developments in the Market
- November 2017 - Micron Technology, Inc.announced a new 32GB NVDIMM-N offering twice the capacity of existing NVDIMMs, providing system designers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) with new flexibility to work with larger data sets in fast persistent memory
- August 2017 - Everspin launched MRAM-based nvNITRO NVMe Storage Accelerator cards. These are 3x faster than an Intel P4800X Optane SSD card
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- To know, how various factors are driving the market with respect to the global market scenario
- To analyze various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- To know, which of the regions is expected to witness the fastest growth rate during the forecast period
- To identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel),
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Increase in Connected Devices
4.2.2 Growing Smart Cards Market
4.2.3 Growing Demand for Enterprise Storage
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 High Manufacturing Costs
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Industry Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Resistive RAM Market Segmentation
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 Resistive Random-Access Memory
6.1.2 Magneto-Resistive Random-Access Memory (MRAM)
6.2 By Type of Memory
6.2.1 Discrete Memory
6.2.2 Embedded Memory
6.3 By Type of Solution
6.3.1 NVMe SSD
6.4 By End-user Application
6.4.1 Consumer Electronics
6.4.3 Enterprise Storage
6.4.5 Aerospace & Defence
6.5 By Geography
6.5.1 North America
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.5.4 Middle East & Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6.5.5 Latin America
188.8.131.52 Rest of Latin America
7. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
7.1 Crossbar Inc
7.2 Panasonic Corporation
7.3 Adesto Technologies Corporation Inc
7.4 NXP Semiconductor
7.5 Avalanche Technology Inc.
7.6 Texas Instruments
7.7 Everspin Technologies
7.8 Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
7.9 Fujitsu Ltd
7.10 Micron Technology Inc
*List not exhaustive
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future Outlook of Resistive RAM Market
- Crossbar Inc.
- Avalanche Technology Inc.
- Everspin Technologies
- Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
- Micron Technology Inc.
- Adesto Technologies Corporation Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- NXP Semiconductor
- Texas Instruments
- Fujitsu Ltd