Quartz crystals in oscillators result in high-frequency stability, high-quality factor of the resonance and low temperature drift. Apart from these factors, Quartz crystals are cheap to produce, and so they find many applications in clock circuits in microprocessor boards, the timing element in digital watches, radio frequency applications, along with telecommunications and data transmission. They are the most important components for frequency control applications, like telecommunication and data transmission. Telecommunication systems, like SONET SDH require a high stability system clock to prevent time slips or data loss. Ever evolving telecommunication technology and increased penetration of the smartphones across are leading to quartz crystal oscillators are expected to drive the market.
The typical smartphone or tablet requires up to five oscillators. Up until recently, these were based on quartz crystal resonators. However, evolving technology has introduced advanced versions of the crystal oscillators, like Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) resonator-based clocks and oscillators, which makes the quartz crystal oscillators obsolete technology. Experts suggest that MEMS offer 10 times better reliability than comparable quartz oscillators. Since, oscillators are judged based on the reliability and aging, going forward with the changing demands these oscillators are likely to be replaced.
TCXO Dominates the Other Oscillators in Telecom and Consumer Electronics
Based on the type of circuit, the quartz crystal oscillators are available in different forms, like Simple Packaged Crystal Oscillator (SPXO), Temperature-Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO), Voltage-Controlled Crystal Oscillator (VCXO), Frequency-Controlled Crystal Oscillator (FCXO), and Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator (OCXO).
Temperature compensated crystal oscillators (TCXOs) accounted for the largest share in the quartz crystal oscillators market. The reason being the advantages TCXOs have over OCXOs. Comparatively, the TCXos have shorter warm-up periods and significantly lower power consumption. Because of these reasons, there is a huge demand in telecom, networking, as well as consumer electronics products, such as smartphones and tablets.
North America to see high demand
North America is estimated to dominate the quartz crystal oscillators market due to higher demand of electrical consumer goods and smartphones. Europe and Asia-Pacific as are estimated to be the emerging consumers of quartz crystal oscillators. The Asia-Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly expanding smartphone consumer base especially in the major economies, such as India and China in the region.
Key Developments in Market:
- February 2018 : KYOCERA Introduces New Z-series Clock Oscillators, which find applications in Automotive Electronics, which requires higher frequency tolerance over a wide temperature range. The new Z-Series oscillators are likely to cater to the emerging market opportunity. As electronic equipment development cycles grow continually shorter, demand for quick-delivery component samples continues to rise. The New Z-series Clock Oscillators are designed to fit these needs and finds applications in Consumer Electronics, Networking, Industrial purposes, etc.
Reasons to purchase report:
- Analyzing the advancements in the quartz crystal oscillators market are changing market scenario
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Identifying the type of service and end-user is expected to dominate the market
- Identifying the regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst/sales representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Growing smartphones markets
4.2.2 Fast changing internet connectivity technology
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 Evolving osciallators which are likely to replace quartz crystal oscillator
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. 6. Quartz Crystal Oscillators Market Segmentation
5.1 By Circuit Type
5.1.1 Simple Packaged Crystal Oscillator (Spxo)
5.1.2 Temperature-Compensated Crystal Oscillator (Tcxo)
5.1.3 Voltage-Controlled Crystal Oscillator (Vcxo)
5.1.4 Frequency-Controlled Crystal Oscillator (Fcxo)
5.1.5 Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator (Ocxo)
5.2 By Mounting Type
5.2.1 Surface Mount
5.3 By Technology
5.3.1 At Cut
5.3.2 Bt Cut
5.3.3 Sc Cut
5.4 By End-user Industry
5.4.1 Telecom and Networking
5.4.2 Consumer Electronics
5.4.3 Military and Aerospace
5.4.5 Medical Equipment
5.4.7 By Region
5.5 North America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-pacific
18.104.22.168 Latin America
22.214.171.124 Rest of Latin America
126.96.36.199 Middle East & Africa
5.5.5 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
220.127.116.11 Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6. Miyazaki Epson Corporation
6.1 Nihon Dempa Kogyo (NDK) Co., LTD.
6.2 Txc Corporation
6.3 Oscilloquartz SA
6.4 Kyocera Crystal Device (KCD)
6.5 Daishinku Corp.
6.6 Murata Manufacturing
6.7 Rakon Ltd.
6.8 Vectron International
6.9 River Eletec Corp.
6.10 Siward Crystal Technology
6.11 Hosonic Electronic
6.12 Mercury Electronic
**List not Exhaustive
6.14 Investment Analysis
7. Future Outlook of Global Digital Payments Market
- Miyazaki Epson Corporation
- Nihon Dempa Kogyo (NDK) Co. LTD.
- Txc Corporation
- Oscilloquartz SA
- Kyocera Crystal Device (KCD)
- Daishinku Corp.
- Murata Manufacturing
- Rakon Ltd.
- Vectron International
- River Eletec Corp.
- Siward Crystal Technology
- Hosonic Electronic
- Mercury Electronic