With the demand for energy growing at 2.3% year-on-year, the investments in the sector have been on the rise. Organizations and governments are encouraging new technologies that improve efficiency and optimize resource consumption. The adoption rates of automation and IoT technologies in the energy sector have been observed to be high in comparison with other industries. The emerging nations have also been found to be projecting a positive growth trend in the infrastructure development. With maintenance being one of the critical components in the energy sector, the industry has been researching new technologies to streamline maintenance efficiency and costs. Predictive maintenance is, thus, finding increasing interest with industries and is already witnessing positive outcomes from the technology.
Cloud Predictive Maintained Witnessing Rapid Growth in the Market
Penetration of cloud technologies in industries has led to increase in demand for cloud-based deployment. Flexibility and on-demand pricing models are attracting SMEs toward cloud-based solutions. With most of the companies in the sector being first time consumers, many end-users have been anticipating the use of cloud predictive maintenance solutions. Large enterprises also moving toward cloud-based platforms, with increasing focus on cost savings and reliability. With many players entering the market and pushing cloud as the primary platform, the market is projected to witness a sharp increase in demand during the forecast period.
Europe to be Key Market
Many European countries have been investing heavily in the energy sector, with renewable energy being the primary focus of many countries. European industries have been financing clean-energy sources, to reduce the carbon emissions and increase the efficiency of energy infrastructure. Predictive maintenance solutions, are thus, finding increasing interest among the consumers in the European market. With this region being one of the pioneer markets for the adoption of automation and analytics, the consumption of predictive maintenance solutions is projected to grow in the market. With increase investments in energy sector, Asia-Pacific is also expected to project fast growth rate in the coming years.
Key Developments in the Market
- Apr 2018 - Sempra renewables selected Ensemble Energy’s predictive analytics platform to improve wind energy production at lower operating costs. This extended pilot program is expected to draw interest among other energy companies to explore predictive maintenance.
- Mar 2018 - Capgemini announced a partnership with Statoil to deliver innovative digital solutions in the energy sector. The agreement covers a range of specialist digital solutions, which also includes predictive maintenance.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
Current and future predictive maintenance market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market.
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Executive Summary
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Analysis Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
3.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
3.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Drivers
4.1.1 Increasing Investments in the Energy Sector
4.1.2 Increasing Adoption of Automation
4.1.3 Cost savings
4.2 Market Restraints
4.2.1 Lack of Resources & Skilled labour
4.2.2 High Deployement Cost
5. Global Predictive Maintainance in the Energy Sector Market - Segmentation
5.1 By Offering
5.2 By Deployment Model
5.3 By Organization Size
5.3.1 Small & Medium Enterprise (SME)
5.3.2 Large Enterprise
5.4 By Region
5.4.1 North America
22.214.171.124 Rest of the Europe
126.96.36.199 Rest of the Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Latin America
188.8.131.52 Rest of the Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of the Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 IBM Corporation
6.2 SAP SE
6.3 Siemens Ltd
6.4 Microsoft Corporation
6.5 GE Automation & Control
6.6 Intel Corporation
6.7 Robert Bosch GmbH
6.8 Accenture PLC
6.9 ABB Ltd
6.10 Schneider Electric
*List is not Exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
8. Outlook of Predictive Maintainance in the Energy Sector